I may or may not have mentioned this before, but I’m a creature of habit.
I like things the way I like them, and nothing’s going to change that. Because of that, I tend to become very attached to certain objects, routines, and systems in my home and I can’t even imagine how life would go on if I didn’t have them.
(Sometimes I can be a little dramatic, too.)
Today I’m sharing the 10 things in my house that I can’t even fathom living without.
- A bluetooth speaker – we use ours constantly and I honestly don’t even know how we survived before we got it. It was a bit of a splurge for us, but it’s a million times better than the cheap one we used to have and there’s something about filling our home with music that just makes my soul happy.
- A stand mixer. Corey bought ours with his graduation money when he graduated from high school (what a nerd, right?) and it gets used all the dang time. I actually get irritated when I’m baking with my students at work and have to use a hand mixer – so inconvenient!
- Candles. I lived without lighting a single candle in my home for the first 27 years of my life, and now I’m absolutely addicted. I’m still crazy cautious with them (if you don’t know the story there, you can find out why I’m terrified of candles here), but they make me so happy and I’m so glad I decided to give them a shot.
- Throw blankets. Corey and I have an embarrassing amount of blankets in our home and we use them all the time. I always have at least two different throw blankets in the living room and they’re always strewn across the couch because we use both of them every single night. We even keep an extra in our room for Hadley to use at night because she’s that spoiled!
- My desk! It’s a new piece in our home, but I am so incredibly glad we decided to set this workspace up for me. It’s so much easier for me to focus on work when I’m sitting here, and I instantly feel more organized and legitimate having my own space to write. I’m in love.
- Portable heaters. Corey and I both hate turning on the heater in our house (can’t even explain why because I have no idea), but we love these little portable guys! We have two of these and one smaller one and they’re always moving around our house. They get turned on almost every single day in the winter, and I tell myself it’s probably cheaper and more efficient than using the whole house heater (right?).
- Ceiling fans – on the flip side of that, I absolutely must have ceiling fans in my home. I always get so jealous of beautiful bedrooms with stunning chandeliers over the bed because that will never be us. I must have a ceiling fan in my room in order to sleep, and even Jackson already requests that we turn his on every time he goes to sleep. There’s something about the noise that is just so comforting – plus, in the summer I’d probably melt without it!
- A ton of baskets. I’m a neat freak and Corey is prone to clutter. The best way for us to meet in the middle on this issue is to have baskets all over the house to contain things – they don’t have to be in any sort of order in there, which means Corey can just throw everything in, and I don’t have to look at the mess so I’m happy too. Everyone wins!
- Good throw pillows. We actually really need to replace our throw pillows right now, but there’s nothing like a good, fluffy pillow when you want to curl up on the couch. I love feather pillows, but they drive Corey crazy so we try to avoid them.
- Our doggy door! I swore up and down we’d never have one, but with a dog who likes to spend all day running in and out, it’s such a sanity-saver to let her deal with that without us having to get up off the couch. Lazy? Yes. Wonderful? Absolutely.
What home products can you not live without?