I’m having one of those weeks where my mind is in a gazillion different places, I’m 100% distracted all day, and I can’t focus on any one thing for too long. Anyone else? It can’t just be me!
I’ve got about a dozen things brewing right now here on the blog and in my “normal” life and I can’t seem to get myself together enough to handle a normal posting schedule on top of it all. So, while I work on getting my crap together I’m bringing you a classic “brain dump” post today. It should be pretty reflective of the insanity happening in my head right now…so, here are 10 random tidbits happening in my brain today.
- I’m loving fall and all that goes along with it, but let’s be real – why oh why is it still 70 degrees outside? Doesn’t November mean sweaters and boots? Don’t I complain about this every single year? Why has nothing changed? Should I just accept that fall in Texas doesn’t really mean I get to bundle up? So far, I’m just pretending like it’s cold outside and dressing for the weather I want, not the weather we have.
- I went to our local Special Olympics bowling competition this weekend with my Unified Bowling teams (teams made up of 50% Special Olympics athletes and 50% partners/”regular” athletes). We had four teams and we swept the competition! All gold medals! We did so good that our partners talked our head coach into signing them up for the state games in February. It’ll be the first time our district goes and I’m incredibly excited!
- We’ve been writing down what we’re thankful for all month on little paper leaves that we’re displaying in the dining room. It’s been such a fun way to stay focused on what this whole holiday season really means, and I love how easy it is for me to come up with something every morning when I go to write it. I have lots to be grateful for!
- Corey and I started going through “The 7-Minute Marriage: Devotional Bible”
together this past week. I recently read the book by the same name (and reviewed it on Hellobee!) and adored it. We are really enjoying going through it together and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a devotional to do with your spouse.
- Can we just take a second to get excited about the fact that Thanksgiving is only two weeks away and then I can decorate for CHRISTMAS? There are no words. I’m counting down the minutes. Although, I should probably spend a bit of time focusing on the upcoming holiday first, since we’re hosting for the first time ever!
- My parents have always been called “grandma” and “grandpa” by my nieces. Jackson, however, has decided to go his own way and insists on calling them “nana” and “papa”. It cracks us up, but we decided to just roll with it. I have no idea where he even came up with nana, though. So random!
- I have never in my life decorated my home for any season other than Christmas. But for some reason, I now have an intense desire to switch up my decor for the season. I have no fall decorations at all, but I’ve sprinkled fall candles, gourds, and pumpkins throughout my house, which helps a bit. I want to start gathering some stuff but I don’t even know where to start! Do you decorate your home for the season? What do you switch out for minimal effort with a big impact?
- Every once in a while I’ll get asked for an update on Ranger. The update is, there is no update. We have not heard or seen anything since he ran away about 6 months ago, and we don’t think we will. If I’m being totally honest/blunt? I think someone saw him running around, assumed he was an aggressive stray, and took care of the situation themselves. We live near a lot of open fields/large properties and just about everyone who owns that kind of land also owns (and uses) a gun. Ranger is not an overly friendly dog and if you don’t know him then he could easily be scary or seem aggressive. I hate thinking about what may have happened to him, so I try not to do it often, but there it is. We still miss him every single day!
- I want to order Christmas cards this year but they’re so pricey! Last year we sent out generic cards from Target and taped a photo in, and it worked well enough but I think in the future I only want to send a card out if we can do it right, because I didn’t love that solution. I’m hoping there’s a bit of room in the budget after we finish our Christmas shopping, but I’m not sure it’ll happen this year.
- My class this month is working on completing 100 random acts of kindness. We’re learning about doing nice things for others, so we’re tracking what we’re doing for other people all month. It’s been a fun project (and a very challenging concept for some of my kids!) and I brought in donuts to kick the month off. I really think every Monday should start off with donuts, don’t you?
What’s been rattling around in your mind lately? Anyone else hosting Thanksgiving for the first time? I’d love to hear your recipe ideas!