Today is the last day to vote for round 3 of Creating With the Stars! I’d LOVE another win this week – if Corey and I take first place again, we’re planning on finishing out our garage…so help a girl out and go vote, if you haven’t already!
1. Sleeping puppies. I’ve got lots of that going on at my house on a daily basis.
2. Our new fiddle leaf fig (snagged at Ikea for a whopping $12.99!). I’ve been dying for one of these guys for a long time now, and I’m so excited to have one. I’m just crossing my fingers that it grows and looks more tree-like. And that I don’t kill it.
3. Hulu Plus. Corey and I have been a bit obsessed with it lately, and we’re even talking about dropping cable completely and getting all of our shows from Netflix and Hulu Plus. We love how many shows there are on here, and it’s actually pretty rare for us to flip over to the DVR now – if we can watch it on Hulu, we will. And, we’ve discovered some awesome new shows through having this, like The New Normal, The Following, and 1600 Penn (oh, and Buckwild, but we won’t get into that).
4. Listening to old country music. My favorite morning show recently made the switch from Top-4o to country music, so that means I’ve been listening to a lot more of it lately. I grew up listening to country music and haven’t in years, so the change has had me itching for some of my old country favorites. I created a station on Pandora (based on the song “The Thunder Rolls,” if you’re interested) and it’s basically the most wonderful thing that’s ever happened. The music is perfect and always puts me in a fabulous mood. Oh, and I recently realized you can add a sub-genre to your stations and created the most perfect blend ever by mixing my “The Thunder Rolls” station with my NSYNC station. I may never listen to music from this decade again.
5. These new brass geese that Corey and I picked up at the flea market. I absolutely fell in love with them as soon as we saw ’em, and for $6 each, there was no way I was leaving without them.
6. The fact that I don’t have to work on Friday – yay for Easter Weekend! Oh, and the fact that there are only 46 days left in the school year. Not that I’m counting or anything…
What’s been making you smile this week?