It’s gift guide season! I don’t know about you, but the older I get, the earlier I start shopping for Christmas gifts. Corey and I have already purchased several things for each of the kids! There’s something so incredibly satisfying about being done with shopping in time to fully enjoy the holiday season without stress.
I absolutely adore when I see gift guides popping up on all of my favorite blogs, because I rely on them heavily for ideas. So, I always like to try and provide the same service! This week, I’ll be posting a new guide every day. Hopefully, they’ll give you some inspiration and ideas, and will help make your holiday shopping experience as pain-free as possible.
Today’s gift guide is all about the kids. I always lean towards craft and STEM-based gifts, along with lots of games and books. I find those are the things my kids tend to play with the most, over silly toys that they’ll get bored with really quickly. Of course, they always have a few toys they ask for, and we get those too! But, I like to mix in a few things that I know they’ll use often, and this list might be my favorite one yet. I would buy every single item here for my kids. In fact, we have quite a few of them, and when Jackson saw this guide he added several things to his own wish list.
Let’s get to it!
2021 Kids’ holiday gift guide
- Ticket to Ride: First Journey
- Origami For Kids Set
- Play Tunnels
- Beat That! Family Game
- Sushi Go Game
- Finger Paint Set
- LEGO Dots Message Board
- Ultimate Craft Box
- Pop Up Play Tent
- Air Dry Clay Kit
- Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza Game
- Hedbanz Game
- Coding Robot Activity Set
- Bead Pets Craft Kit
- LEGO Gear Bots
- Guess in 10
- Kids’ Digital Camera
- 3D Printing Pen
- Kids Against Maturity
- Wooden Blocks Brain Teaser
- Kanoodle 3D Puzzle
- Kids’ Pottery Wheel
- Cat’s Cradle
- Picasso Tiles
- 11-Piece Kids’ Cooking Set
- Taco vs. Burrito
- LCD Writing Tablet
- Book Making Kit
- The Hardest Hidden Picture Book Ever
subscription gift ideas
I always like to include some subscription ideas on my gift guides, because I think they’re one of the best gift ideas around. I just love a gift that continues to arrive month after month! My mom gifted our kids a Kiwi Crate subscription a few years ago, and getting their Kiwi Crates in the mail is the highlight of their month. Here are a few fun subscription-based ideas that your kids are sure to love!
- Kiwi Crate: A STEM-based kit where your kids get 2-3 activities every month. There’s an option to add on a book each month too, and my kids love the books. There are different boxes for different ages, so there’s something for everyone!
- Raddish: A cooking subscription, where each month your kid will receive some fun recipes, along with new tools they can use to cook them. This is great for kids who are willing to get adventurous and try new things!
- Highlights Subscription: Jackson gets Highlights and Grant gets High Five and they both get so excited every time new issues arrive. National Geographic for Kids is another great option!
- Little Passports World Edition: Geography-themed boxes with hands-on activities and books about different places around the world.
- Bitsbox: This is a coding subscription box for kids ages 6-12. It’s fun and educational, and your kids are basically guaranteed to love it.
- Little Passports Science Expeditions: For ages 9+, this is a science-based subscription box. It’s a great idea for budding scientists who want to learn more!
- Toy Box Monthly: It’s simple – a box of toys delivered to your house monthly. Kids love mystery boxes so I imagine it would be a huge hit!
Previous gift guides
Need even more ideas? Here are some links to past gift guides that might help you out!