If you’ve been reading here for any length of time, you’ll probably know by now that Christmas is my very favorite time of the year.
I mean, it’s everyone’s favorite time of the year, I know, but it’s really my favorite. I take this holiday season very seriously. I’m a little like Buddy the Elf, just walking around smiling like a fool all the time.
I can’t help it. Christmas is just the best.
This year, I’ll admit, has been a little weird for me. We’re still settling into our new house and things don’t feel completely normal. I’m still trying to figure out how we’ll comfortably host everyone without our giant dining room table, and we still don’t even have a sofa (I had no idea how much of an impact a dang couch had on my life until I didn’t have one anymore).
Despite feeling a little out of sorts, I’m forging ahead and trying to embrace every moment of this holiday season. I don’t have a ton of new Christmas-related content to share with you this year (thanks to the move and the chaos and the fact that my brain still hasn’t even fully processed how long my to-do list is right now), so I thought today would be the perfect day for a little roundup of Christmas posts from years past. I know many of you have been reading here since the dark ages, but there are a few new faces around here who might not be familiar with these old projects.
So today, just call me the Ghost of Christmas Past and let’s take a little walk down memory lane, shall we?
Psst – don’t have time to peruse all of these posts right now? Be sure to pin this for later!
- Here’s a post all about a few of our favorite Christmas traditions.
- We always do an activity advent calendar throughout the month of December. Here’s our calendar from last year (we’re using it again this year!).
- We’ve also just done a winter bucket list in the past instead of a formal calendar. This one was probably my favorite!
- Here’s another post with some of our favorite traditions.
CHRISTMAS DIY & DECOR
- One of the few Christmas projects I knocked out this year – a DIY miniature Christmas vignette!
- Creating DIY Christmas gifts using a lathe.
- You can see our old home all decked out for Christmas last year on this post (and here’s part two of the tour!)
- Here are a few tips for creating a beautiful Christmas vignette on a table in your home.
- How to make a DIY wood bead garland.
- A few years ago I made a DIY ruffled Christmas tree – it was one of my favorite things for several years!
- I also love this DIY glittery Christmas canvas. It didn’t survive our move, but I might make another similar one soon!
- This is another fun DIY art piece I made for Christmas one year. It was so pretty in our old dining room!
RANDOM CHRISTMAS FUN
- Last year we hit up Magnolia Market for Christmas at the Silos – here’s a recap of our experience.
- Here’s a quick list of a few of the recipes I love to make every year for Christmas.
- And here’s a look at the cookies I have to make every year!
I still have a few Christmas-related posts up my sleeve before the holidays are over – I want to show you a peek at what our decor looks like in this house (even though I’m still tweaking and changing things), and I may come up with a few other things to share before the holiday is over. But, these should be more than enough to tide you over for now!
Before I go, though, I’d love to know – what’s your very favorite Christmas tradition that your family does?