Happy Friday! How was your week? Ours was cold. The entirety of Austin shut down on Tuesday because of a “winter storm” that ended up being really uneventful, so it was definitely a strange week for us!
I got a few things around the house done – we finally put the kitchen cabinets back together (but we’re waiting on hardware), and I’m finally about to get started building that entry table that I’ve been talking about since before Christmas!
This weekend we’ve got Jackson’s birthday party happening – I can’t believe I’ll have a four-year-old next week. How did that happen? We’re keeping things really low-key this year – just pizza and cake at our house with some family, and I’m really looking forward to it. Even though I don’t want to accept the fact that my child is going to be four.
I mean, he’ll start kindergarten in 2019. That’s next year. Next year, my child will start kindergarten. I’m going to cry.
Anyways. Moving on. Less tear-inducing topics. Let’s look at some inspiring blog posts, shall we?
Image via Sarah Sherman Samuel
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- I loved this post from Emily Henderson about design trends in the kitchen. I always find it so interesting to read different takes on the trends that I see happening, and it’s fascinating to look in more depth at what people are doing!
- I’ve gotten a lot of questions lately about how to find your style and then bring it into your home. I’m actually working on a post on this very topic, but this podcast might be helpful in the meantime!
- Have you watched The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel yet? Corey and I loved it so much and the set designs were just beautiful. I loved reading this detailed look at the design!
- How beautiful is this space? It makes me want a cozy cabin in the woods!
- I’m always looking for new plants to add to my collection (especially now that I murdered some of them in our move a couple of months back), and I love reading tips on which plants are good for different types of spaces. Here’s a great starter guide on some plants that might be a good fit for you. It makes me want to go get another snake plant – we had one years ago that the dogs/toddler destroyed, but I think we’re all mature enough to handle it now!
- I’m currently window shopping for some bar stools for the space between our living room and kitchen (originally we planned to skip them, but the longer we live here the more we wish we had some!), and I’m really drawn to these. I also shared one in my email newsletter recently that I loved. We’re looking for something more structured and cozy, but not too big!
- Have you seen the new spring Hearth & Hand products? I’m not quite as obsessed with this collection as I was the Christmas one (but that could probably be said about any decor when it’s compared to Christmas decor), but there are some great products! I’m particularly loving this rattan wall art, this beautiful bowl, and this storage bin.
Did you see anything inspiring on the web this week? Share your favorites in the comments!