Looking for the pregnancy must-haves you should know about during those oh-so-challenging 9 months? Here’s my list of maternity and pregnancy products that I couldn’t live without.
I don’t know about you, but when I’m pregnant or have a newborn I’m all about searching for other people’s lists of things they just have to have. What makes life easier? What clothes are the most flattering? What do I not want to miss out on?!
Since I always love reading these lists from other people, I figured it was only appropriate that I put together a quick list of my pregnancy must-haves this time around. There are a few things that I just don’t know how I would have gotten through these past 8 months without, and hopefully, this list will be of some help to anyone who is looking for something to make their own pregnancy just a little bit easier.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Top 10 Pregnancy Must-Haves
- For the last month or so of this pregnancy, I’ve had the hardest time getting dressed. It’s a zillion degrees outside, everything is uncomfortable, and, quite frankly, I’d rather just be naked. That’s why these tank tops have been a total God-send. They’re lightweight, comfortable, and (thank goodness) extremely flattering. Plus, they have a nice high neckline so I don’t have to worry about flashing anyone – a frequent concern with most of the other maternity tank tops I’ve tried. I have them in five colors and I honestly wear one almost every single day. I’ve also got this tank top from the men’s section at H&M that I reach for frequently. If you see me anytime between now and the end of this pregnancy, I can almost guarantee I’ll be wearing one of these plus some workout shorts.
- I really can’t live without a body pillow even when I’m not pregnant, but it has been particularly helpful in the last few months. Everything hurts all the time, and I often find that it’s even difficult for me to get comfortable when I’m just lounging on the couch! If I have my body pillow to snuggle up to, though, I’m pretty much good. I never did buy one of those fancy maternity body pillows because this one has done the job just fine – I basically carry it around the house with me at all times these days! Also, in the last week or so this heating pad has been a must for me – my back is killing me, and it works miracles.
- I don’t think I need to tell you that it can be challenging to put shoes on when you’re pregnant. You can barely even see your feet, much less touch them. I’ve also had the super fun issue of my feet growing this time around (it never happened with Jackson!), so none of my old shoes fit anymore. I didn’t want to buy all new shoes if it’s just temporary (they’re also swollen often thanks to the heat), so grabbed a few pairs of cheap flip flops in a size up from what I normally wear and they’ve been all I have worn all summer long.
- I know, I know. Cereal is bad for you. Especially the sugary stuff. But when I’m pregnant it’s really something I just can’t get enough of. I had super intense cravings for Cap’n Crunch throughout most of my pregnancy with Jackson. This time around, I’m not really craving a particular type of cereal, but when it’s 8:00 at night, I haven’t eaten dinner (because I wasn’t hungry or didn’t feel well at dinnertime), and I’m not really hungry but know I need to eat something, a good bowl of cereal is just about the only thing that will cut it. It’s definitely not the healthiest way to solve my not-hungry problems but sometimes you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do!
- There is basically a never-ending supply of pregnancy apps and email updates that you can get to keep you informed about how your baby is developing, but this time around I’ve really enjoyed the Ovia app and my emails from Alpha Mom each week. They’re informative, entertaining, and Jackson even loves to check the Ovia app with me each week to see how big the baby is (his favorite part is the little hands and feet that grow each week).
- I’m always pretty good about using lotion on a regular basis every day, but when I’m pregnant it’s even more important. This time I’ve really loved using this lotion to keep my skin moisturized and to help prevent that dreaded itchy belly feeling!
- None of my normal bras haven’t fit me for months (so annoying!) but this seamless one has been a lifesaver. It’s comfortable and has convertible straps that make it function almost like a nursing bra! I like that it isn’t actually a nursing bra (because sometimes those feel just so mom-like) but the convertible straps really do attach very similarly to how a nursing bra does, so I think it’ll serve me well for quite a while. Not only that, but it’s a “cooling bra” which means it helps wick away moisture and keeps you cooler. I don’t think I need to elaborate when I say that cooling is a very important word to an 8-month-pregnant lady in the middle of Texas summer.
- I had the hardest time finding maternity shorts that worked for me (I hate full-panel pants, but once I get past the halfway mark everything else either feels like it’s pressing into my bladder or it just falls off), so these (non-maternity) stretchy shorts from Old Navy have been what I wear most days! I just sized up from my normal size, and they’re so comfortable and allow me to look put-together. I hate spending tons of money on maternity clothes, so I loved that these were an affordable option that I can probably continue to wear even after I have the baby. I have them in three colors and I wear them multiple times a week – typically with one of the tank tops linked above!
- These prenatal workout videos have been in constant rotation since the beginning of the second trimester. I love that they’re short enough that I can do them with Jackson hanging out (he usually tries to do them with me!) but I feel like I’m actually getting a workout. I’ve slowed down a bit on doing them as I’m starting to near the end of my pregnancy (everything just hurts so bad and I just want to sleep!), but I really do always feel great after I knock one out!
- This dress from Amazon has been my go-to when I want to look really put together for almost any event. I can dress it up with heels and some jewelry if I’m going somewhere that I need to look nice, but it also dresses down with flip-flops and a ponytail just as easily! It’s flattering, the material is not too thick, and it has been very comfortable at every stage so far. Plus, it’s under $20! I have both the black one and the gray & white striped one.
This list definitely doesn’t cover every single thing I’ve loved throughout this pregnancy (I don’t know how I’d live without my anti-heartburn medicine!), but this is the majority of the stuff that I just can’t live without!
Is there anything you think I should add to the list? I’d love to hear your recommendations in the comments – I’ve still got a few weeks left, and we all know the last month or so is the hardest!