I know that yesterday when I announced that I’m pregnant I promised that the blog wouldn’t turn into all-baby-all-the-time.
And it totally won’t.
But your comments yesterday told me that quite a few of you are curious about updates and how things have been, and I’m dying to share now that the news is finally in the open, so I thought today could be a quick post about all things baby so far.
First of all, you should know that the baby’s official nickname for now is “The Monster”. Silly, I know, but Corey referred to it as Monster one day shortly after we found out, and it sort of just stuck. It feels a lot better than referring to it as “it” or “the baby,” so it stays.
I’ll be 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow, which puts us at the very beginning of the second trimester and (thankfully) out of the awful stages of fatigue, nausea, and general I-want-to-die feelings. I’ve been taking photos since week four when we found out, but most of them aren’t really worth looking at since I haven’t gained much weight yet (and I’ve been heavily favoring my baggier clothes).
There are a ton of things I could share about the pregnancy so far, our plans, and just how excited we are, but I want to keep this post short (and not turn it into a novel), so here are a few pregnancy-related-tidbits to tide you guys over until the next update:
– I didn’t have terrible morning sickness, but I was incredibly fatigued and just generally didn’t feel well for several weeks. That’s over now, for the most part, and I’m definitely starting to feel more like myself.
– We’ll find out the gender on August 30th. Unless we decide to get an ultrasound from an independent clinic sooner than that, which we’re considering. We’re impatient!
– We’re still waffling back and forth on when and how we’ll share the gender with everyone, so there may be a bit of a wait before I share whether we’re having a boy Monster or a girl Monster.
– (I think it’s a boy).
– The reading room will be the nursery. That’s been the plan all along, as even when we were turning it into a reading room we were making sure that any decisions we made would work for both a reading room and a future nursery.
– We have tons of plans for the nursery and I can’t wait to get started! We’ve done nothing so far, so don’t worry – you haven’t missed anything yet.
– The photos that we took a few weeks ago with my friend, Jessica, were partially so we could have some good pre-baby photos of us, but mostly so we could get a couple of good “reveal” photos to use to share the news with my parents. We gave my dad one of the photos for Father’s Day and his reaction was pretty priceless. We’re excited to have the photos now, too, because it’s so special to have something like that to capture this time in our lives!
And now you’re all caught up! Any questions? Anyone else expecting?