With the patio officially all done (I finished the grill area, just need to photograph it!), it’s finally time to turn our attention to the back porch and I’m so excited to get started! I’m going to be spending some time this weekend brainstorming ideas, and I’ll be over on Instagram next week sharing some thoughts and asking for your votes. I have a ton of different thoughts floating around about what we could do, and I can’t wait to see what you think!
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Speaking of the patio, we had our first family dinner out there this week and it was pretty wonderful! Corey just got an Instant Pot for Father’s Day (he’s obsessed!) so we whipped up a quick – really! – shrimp boil and made the most of our new space. Of course, we were swarmed by flies the entire time, so now we’re turning our focus towards dealing with that issue. We’ve loved these fly traps for a few years now (they work SO well), but they don’t smell great, so we have to keep them away from the main entertaining areas. Corey snagged this mosquito & fly trap at Costco and we’re hoping it helps keep our yard pest-free – I’ll update you in a few weeks once we’ve used it a bit more!
In other news…
- Studio McGee just released a line of wallpaper and I’ll take one in every pattern, please and thank you!
- I love the idea of planting small trees in containers – maybe a small one for the back porch would be fun! What kind of tree should we try?
- It’s an older post, but this kitchen popped back up in my feed this week and I got all swoon-y. How beautiful is that pop of green?!
- Want a more fun way to label your storage containers than just the plain ol’ label maker? I love these ideas!
- How to maximize your storage in a small bathroom. Genius. Genius. Genius.
- I finally got a desk for my bedroom and now I just need a chair! I want something cheap but reasonably comfortable – currently, I’m eyeing this one and this one. What do you think?
Have a great weekend!