Why does the week after a holiday always feel like it lasts about twelve times as long as a normal week? I’m so relieved that it’s finally Friday, and I’ll admit that for a minute there I was concerned it was never going to arrive!
This week was quiet for us – I am doing last minute preparations for our booth at Haven Conference next week (next week!), and I’m finding it hard to focus my attention on anything else. I can’t wait to share all of the the excitement when we leave on Wednesday, so be sure to follow me on Instagram if you don’t already – I’ll share all of the behind-the-scenes fun on my Instagram stories.
As we’ve gotten closer to the end of our big backyard makeover, I’ve been thinking a lot about what we want to do next in our home. We’ve begun serious conversations about moving within the next 6-ish months, so we’d like to start winding down the big projects in this house so we can finish up a few little details before moving. I’m working on a master list of everything else we want to do in this house, so I’ll have to share a peek at it in a few weeks once the back porch is completely finished!
Speaking of the back porch, be sure to be here bright and early Monday morning because I’m finally sharing the reveal of the DIY outdoor sofa we built! I can’t wait to share it with you – it’s making the back porch look so much more cozy already.
in case you missed it this week
- I’ve wanted to try my hand at building a DIY ladder for decor for some time now, so this post all about how to use a ladder in your outdoor decor was so much fun for me to write!
- I also shared some ideas and inspiration that I’ve been drawing from for the back porch makeover. I always love taking a look at what other people are doing in their spaces, and it never fails to give me a good idea or two!
- And finally, if you missed it on Instagram yesterday, we had our first official 95% Club Day and I shared a few projects that I had been putting off finishing that are now DONE! I’d love to see yours if you do any over the weekend!
And now, let’s look at a few favorites from around the web this week!
- This quick bedroom makeover is so beautiful, and I can’t believe the source for all of the decor in the room!
- I’m working on focusing on some of the small details in our home a bit more, so this post about bathroom essentials that are good looking and functional was very timely for me!
- This is obviously going on the menu for dinner soon.
- I can’t stop thinking about this incredible faux fiddle leaf ever since I saw it in a recent Juniper Home room reveal. I need one, stat.
- Did you hear that Target is having a big sale next week to compete with Amazon’s Prime Days? Be sure to keep an eye on their website because they’re doing some daily deals leading up to it! Today is all about home decor!
Have a wonderful weekend, friends.