Our backyard has a tree!
This is the first home we’ve ever lived in that doesn’t already have mature trees, and one of our big goals for this year was to plant at least one nice-sized tree in the backyard so that it can start growing ASAP.
We purchased a 45-gallon Red Oak tree and had it planted by the tree company – largely because they were able to tap into our existing sprinkler system to add a drip line for the tree so it can be watered with minimal effort. I’m aaaall about anything that makes it easier for me to keep a plant alive!
Jackson decided to name the tree X, and it’s basically the newest member of our family. I love that I can admire it from my kitchen window, and I can’t wait until it’s nice and big and providing all sorts of shade for our yard.
We originally had thought we’d do another tree on the other side of the yard, but after living here for 6 months we’re thinking this may be the only tree we do back here. We have a stunning view of the sunset every night on the other side of the yard and we don’t want to do anything to mess with that if we can avoid it! So, now I’m thinking that down the line we may add some pretty bushes along the fence line, but we likely won’t do anything that would get big enough to block that beautiful view.
Hopefully by this time next week we’ll also have our patio extension all complete – I’ll be sharing all of the behind-the-scenes as it happens on my Instagram stories, so be sure to follow along!
ICYMI: This week on the blog
- We’ve officially been in our house for 6 months now – I shared a peek at all of the changes we’ve made so far!
- The vertical shiplap in our game room is done and I shared a full tutorial for how I did it.
Elsewhere on the internet…
- Don’t wanna shell out the cash for a Frame TV? Here’s a fun idea for DIYing your own.
- We got this rainbow sprinkler this week for the boys and Jackson declared it was the best day of his life. It has some pretty bad reviews but it’s working great for us so far – I’ll keep you posted.
- This! Is! Incredible!
- The perfect master bathroom.
- I get questions about my favorite black overalls every time I wear them – Target came out with a similar version again this year and I might need them in green!
- We’re all moving to Florida now, right?!
- I’ve been struggling to find good reading material during the quarantine that is engaging enough to distract me but not so intense that my fragile little psyche can’t handle it. I’m feeling reeeeally hopeful about this book.
Have a lovely (long!) weekend!