Well, it’s official. Jackson is done with kindergarten, and I’ve got a first grader.
How? How did this happen?
Just yesterday he was snuggled up in my lap, tiny like Grant, and sucking on his pacifier. And now he’s reading! And writing full sentences! And rolling his eyes at me like an actual teenager!
My goodness, I’m in trouble.
It feels weird to say I’m excited for the summer, but this whole distance learning thing has been more than a little stressful for me. I’m a former teacher and a bit of a control freak by nature, and it’s been so weird/challenging for me to keep him engaged while following plans that aren’t my own and also not letting myself get too deep in it because we’re not actually homeschooling, just surviving the year.
It’s a lot to process, you know?
But now it’s summer and I’m in charge again, and I’m actually really pumped. I’ve got some fun theme weeks planned to help us stay busy (my kid needs some structure), and it’ll be nice to not have to worry about squeezing school time in every day.
I wrapped up and submitted content for a couple of huge projects this week, and I can’t wait to share it all with you. There’s soooo much fun stuff that will be hitting the blog in the next month or so – I’m a little worried that my typing fingers won’t be able to keep up with all the content that’s rattling around in my brain!
I’m off to have some backyard fun with the kids (we’re setting up all the water toys and ordering pizza to celebrate the last day of school!) – have a lovely weekend, friends!
ICYMI: This week on the blog
- I created three simple (but gorgeous) DIY wood trays and now I’m addicted. Everyone I know can expect one for their next birthday!
- We knocked a project off our to-do list that’s been driving me nuts for months now – DIY pull-out drawers in the kitchen pantry cabinets! It’s going to be life-changing, I can feel it!
elsewhere on the internet…
- I’m BEYOND obsessed with Shavonda’s backyard projects right now. Her IG stories are my favorite part of the day!
- This bathroom reveal has me swooning all over the place.
- We just ordered this storage bench for our back patio – I’m planning to build my plant wall above it and I cannot WAIT!
- This stencilled dresser is so, so cute.
- Oh, and can we please talk about this incredible playroom? That mural!
- My heart has been very heavy lately with everything happening in our country – if you’re looking for a way to take action, this post is a great place to start, and I highly recommend following this Instagram account.