We’re finally starting to make some forward movement on the back porch makeover this week – we made a couple of design decisions, planned a few things for y’all to vote on (and had one round of voting on Instagram!), and we’re hopefully going to get started building the sofa this weekend! I’ve already been spending more time on the porch just with our cozy chairs, so I can tell this is the right choice.
Next week I’ll finally be revealing the little grill cart area that I’ve been talking about for ages – having it finished means the patio is officially officially finished, and it feels sooooo good.
On a totally different note, I’ve been waking up extra early all week long to get some work done, and while my body is having a hard time adjusting to my new way-before-the-sun wake up time, I feel so much more productive. Are you a morning person? I just feel like I can get far more done in that hour or so before the rest of the house wakes up than I can at any other time. The only negative so far is that I don’t drink coffee, and it would really be nice to have some kind of pick-me-up that early in the morning.
Here are a few things I’m loving this week:
- This bathroom renovation is so charming! I love the tile and the molding detail on the walls….it’s all so good!
- These tips for creating a succulent container garden are great – I’ll never turn down a big planter full of succulents….
- Every detail of this bathroom renovation is pretty much perfect, which should come as no surprise since these two are the best at paying attention to aaaaall the little details.
- This backyard makeover is keeping me motivated to keep pushing forward in our own yard.
- The vent hood in this kitchen is unreal.
- I snagged these shorts from Old Navy this week and I want to wear them every day. I also wish I hadn’t pulled up that link because I they weren’t nearly this discounted when I bought them!
- If you’re local to the Austin area and don’t have plans this weekend, you should check out the Austin Outdoor Living Tour. I think we’re going to try to go to gather some inspiration for our yard!