Happy Friday, friends!
Let me just say, I don’t remember the last time I was starting a Friday morning quite this exhausted. We had Vacation Bible School at our church this week and I’ve been volunteering at it all week (one more day to go!). On top of that, we’ve got a few big nursery-related posts coming up on the blog next week, so I’ve been coming home after VBS every day and working my butt off in the nursery for the rest of the day. Yesterday afternoon was the first time all week that I’ve been able to sit down and work at my computer, and my body is so sore!
Buuuut, enough whining. The nursery is finally starting to come together a bit, I’ve had a blast working with kids all week, and I’m growing a kid which means there’s bound to be some aches and pains. I’ll survive, right?!
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This weekend is the first weekend in a while where we don’t have any plans at all and will be able to spend some time focusing on completing projects around the house. I’m so excited to get back in the garage and start working on some more organization, and there are a few other minor projects that I’m hoping Corey can help me wrap up as well. I’m shooting for a good mix of productivity and relaxing this weekend – and next week you can look forward to seeing some actual progress in the nursery! It’s no longer a dumping ground for all of the things we don’t know where to put, and it’s starting to look like an actual room, which is very exciting.
Links I loved this week:
- I’ve been obsessed with following Sarah Sherman Samuel’s work on Mandy Moore’s home over the last few months (because I’ve been in love with everything Mandy does since I was, oh I don’t know, 12?!) and the big reveal is finally up on Architectural Digest! It’s just so gorgeous, I can’t stop staring!
- I saved this genius tutorial to my “try this later” file this week – I love these DIY wooden drawer pulls and I feel confident that I could make at least a few of these. I think they’d look so gorgeous on a dresser!
- Jen Woodhouse just released the plans for this amazing mobile workbench and I am swooning. How great would this be for our garage?!
- I’ve been eyeing these cute sneakers – I managed to avoid growing feet when I was pregnant with Jackson, but I currently own 3 pairs of flip flops that fit, and that’s it! I can’t tell if my feet are just swollen or actually growing, but I’m gonna need some more variety in the next few months!
- Did you see this gorgeous playscape makeover Chris & Julia did this week?! I never would have thought to try this, but I love how it turned out!
- This kitchen makeover may just be one of my favorites I’ve ever seen. That backsplash makes my heart happy and taking it all the way up to the ceiling was the perfect decision. I can’t stop staring at it!
- And finally, for those of you out there who are enduring a summer pregnancy with me, allow me to introduce you to my newest wardrobe staple. I currently own 5 different colors of these tank tops and I wear them (quite literally) almost every single day. They’re comfortable, flattering, and lightweight. The perfect combo for when it’s 100+ degrees outside!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!