We got a tiiiiiny amount of snow this week and I thought Jackson was going to just die of happiness. Corey and I keep saying we need to take him somewhere to experience actual snow someday soon .- I’m brainstorming locations now. What are you favorite places to have some fun in the snow?
Of course, on the total opposite end of the spectrum, we’re also starting to make preparations for our family cruise coming up next month! We booked it about a year ago and have been counting down the days ever since. We went on this trip with my parents and some of their friends last year and it was just magical – the boys love spending an entire week with their grandparents, and Corey and I love having some extra adults around to help wrangle them!
We decided to fully embrace the cheesy family vacation situation and we got these shirts for our family (because Grant is obsessed right now), and told everyone on the trip that we were also getting these. So, we’re going to be super cool. In slightly more fashionable news, I finally snagged this bathing suit that I’ve been eyeing for two months now, and I also got these high-waisted bottoms with this cute top for the trip. I have plenty of bathing suits already, but there’s something about a vacation that makes me feel like I need another one.
We plan to spend the weekend diving into our DIY nightstands and trying to get in a bit of relaxing time too. Hope you have a lovely weekend!
ICYMI: This week on the blog
- I added some wallpaper to our entryway (and I’m obsessed with it!) and I got inspired to share more than 15 different gorgeous ideas for accent walls in your house.
- Speaking of accent walls – I added some board and batten to the garage and got one section of our garage organized (finally!) and I shared some of my favorite tips and tricks for how to keep it that way.
- From the archives: I get asked about our little IKEA step stool every time it appears in a photo or video – here are all the details on how I painted it.
elsewhere on the internet…
- I cried basically the entire time I read this sweet, sweet post.
- I really needed this post on bathroom organization. Reading it over and over (and over and over).
- This simple, affordable mudroom makeover is so fantastic!
- I have no words for this kitchen before and after. I’m just speechless.
- Jackson and I have been brainstorming ideas for his room and I’ve been pinning aaaall the things. I’m trying to get an idea of what he wants but so far he just tells me he wants “wood all over the walls.” Alright, then.
- I get so excited every month when this post pops up in my feed. I feel like I always find something incredible that I have to have.
- I watched the new Taylor Swift documentary yesterday and I loved every second. Been listening to her music on repeat ever since!
Have a happy weekend!