This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
We bought this illustrated set of Harry Potter books for Jackson for Christmas and we’ve been making our way through them. I worried it’d be a little too much for Jackson to follow along with, but he’s been absolutely enthralled. He brings the book down to breakfast most mornings and begs me to read while he eats, he hangs on every word while I’m reading, and it’s been a complete joy to watch him fall in love with Harry Potter!
We finished the first book a couple of weeks ago, so last weekend we had an extra special movie night. When Jackson got home from an errand with Corey, this little guy was waiting on the floor carrying a letter from Hogwarts and this activity book. We let Jackson choose dinner (McDonald’s, of course), and we snuggled up on the couch with tons of candles and our hamburgers to watch the first movie. It was such a sweet, special memory and I can’t wait to do it all over again with book two!
This week was pretty quiet in terms of actual stuff happening. Grant and I took turns being sick, I took a day off to spend it with Jackson on a school trip, and I basically just spent the whole week playing catch up! But, next week will be the start of a fun new project that I can’t wait to share – plus the big reveal of our entryway makeover is hitting the blog bright and early Monday morning!
In other news, I’m craaaaaaving some more spring-like weather and I think it’s finally coming our way! I’ve been seeing all of the new spring decor items pop up at Target on my inevitable weekly trip, and I want it all. Here’s a quick roundup of a few favorites!
ICYMI: This week on the blog
- I’ve had tons of requests for all of the details about our chocolate chip cookie experiment, and I finally shared all of the recipes we tried plus our very favorites!
- The final details in our bedroom are reeeeeally starting to come together – our DIY nightstands are complete and they turned out SO SO GOOD!
- From the archives – it was right around this time two years ago that we were building Jackson’s DIY built-in bed in our last house!
elsewhere on the internet…
- Y’all taught me on Instagram this week that I shouldn’t be cleaning my mirrors with paper towels – I grabbed this pack of glass-cleaning cloths and it is LIFE-CHANGING. Why haven’t I always been doing this?!
- This nursery is reeeeally making me second-guess our plans of waiting until Grant moves out of his crib to do anything in his room. Nurseries are so much fun!
- This is one of those creative DIY projects that just gets me so excited. I LOVE when people think outside the box to make something basic look this high-end.
- These DIY built-ins turned out so, so beautifully. Such a cozy room!
- Who wouldn’t want a hanging bed?
- Has Grant been reading this?!
- This bathroom reveal is so incredibly beautiful!
Have a great weekend!