How are you doing?
I mean, how are you really doing?
Things are looking scary out there, and it’s been weighing heavily on my heart today. Austin had their first few cases of COVID-19 get confirmed today, and there was a noticeable shift in the air. It feels like it’s all anyone can talk about or think about, and everything just feels a little bit darker.
I’ve been clinging to a few things lately, and the number one thing I’ve been clinging to is the reminder that God’s got it all under control. He’s great at taking care of us when things seem like they’re at the worst, so I refuse to give into the fear – I’m forging ahead, putting a smile on, and doing my best to spread joy.
Because, my goodness, we could all use a little more joy right now, couldn’t we?! I’m currently repeating these verses in my head day in and day out – maybe they will bring you a little peace too?
“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing. Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?” – Luke 12:22-26
We’re going to have a quiet weekend at home – Jackson’s soccer games have been cancelled, we’ll probably end up skipping church, and we’re going to stay in our pajamas and just make the most of it.
Hope you’re staying healthy, friends!
ICYMI: This week on the blog
- I updated our home sources page and shared a few updates on some projects and products around our house.
- The moody, tall beadboard in our entry is done and I couldn’t possibly be more in love!
- If you need some ideas to keep busy during all of this insanity, here’s one of our old spring bucket lists. Lots of the ideas are outdoors or don’t require leaving the house!
Elsewhere on the internet
- Tips for if you’re stuck at home all day with the kids.
- Can’t stop thinking about this project – should I decorate my big mirror too?!
- I’m on the hunt for some side tables in our living room – this post was so helpful!
- Artwork in unusual places.
- This post got me reflecting on some lessons learned in our house too – I love this approach to LEARNING from your mistakes (and wins!)
- How to style faux flowers – so helpful!!
- This DIY painted vase is so so (SO!) pretty. Such a fun idea!
- Need ideas for a big blank wall? This post has you covered.
- The best sources for digital and printable art.
- This would be such a fun DIY art project for a kid’s room! Or the playroom?!
Have a great weekend, friends!