We ordered our Halloween costumes this week and the boys are so excited for our family costumes. I’ve never been all that into dressing up for Halloween, but it feels a little different to do a costume all together! I’m not going to share the full details of our costumes until Halloween, but I’m very excited about the theme Jackson chose!
In other news, my mom has been doing great – and we greatly appreciate all of the prayers and love you’ve sent our way. If you missed it, my mom was in a very major accident three weeks ago. She spent about two and a half weeks in the ICU and was just moved to a rehab hospital this week. She’s been amazing everyone with her stubborn persistence and determination to get better and get home, and she’s officially my number one hero. She’s had a trach in for the last few weeks and, if all goes well over the weekend, they’ll be removing it on Monday – it feels like a huge step, and I’m so excited for her!
She’s still got a very, very long road ahead, and her therapy team expects she’ll be at the rehab hospital for around a month, possibly more depending on her progress. I had a request for a good address to send her some cards to cheer her room up, so if you’d like to send her something, it would absolutely make her day!
You can send cards to:
PO Box 2136
Leander, TX 78646
Her first name is Karla, and she’d love any cheer you can send her way.
A few more highlights this week:
- I went shopping for some dresses for church this week and it was a total bust. Apparently good, affordable clothes are particularly hard to find these days. I’m doing some shopping on Amazon this weekend to see if I can score anything good, I’ll be sure to update you on what I find!
- Speaking of clothes, I shared a video last week where I was wearing my favorite pair of boyfriend jeans and I was flooded with questions about them. They’re from Old Navy and I believe these are as similar as you can get! Mine are a couple of years old, but my friend Parisa just bought a pair of these and they fit really similarly to what I have!
- I loved these tips on how to style your kitchen counters – I always struggle so much with this!
- I also bookmarked this post with tons of cute fall-themed puzzles…and definitely ordered this one and this one for myself!
- Making this for dinner the moment the temperature drops below 70 degrees.
- The fall vibes in this entryway are giving me aaaaall the cozy feels.
Have a great weekend, friends!