Starting next week, I’m challenging myself to one entire month of actually getting dressed every weekday.
Over the last year and a half or so, I’ve really fallen into a rut with my clothing – I wear the same things over and over, and most of them are graphic tees, sweatshirts, and leggings.
Now, don’t get me wrong – there’s absolutely nothing wrong with a good, comfy outfit. But, I’m starting to miss actually getting dressed for the day and starting to feel a little too slouchy, so it’s time to do something about it.
I’ve been gathering a few different pieces over the last few weeks and am actually feeling excited about my wardrobe for the first time in a long time. I’ll still be comfortable and casual most of the time, but I’m going to make an effort to actually think about the clothes I put on my body every weekday for the next month.
If you want to join me, just be sure to tag me if you share any of your outfits on Instagram! I’ll be sharing my outfit every weekday to help hold myself accountable, and I’ve got a few resources to share with you below.
New pieces I’ve bought
Here are a few things I’ve added to my wardrobe in the last few weeks that are making me feel pretty confident about this challenge:
- The comfiest jean jacket
- A button-down waffle-knit sweater
- This cute off-shoulder, lightweight sweater
- These joggers that are put together and cozy
- This simple long-sleeve shirt
- A pair of overalls (because I so want to be the type that can pull them off)
- Some cute black jeans
- I also have a couple pairs of these leggings that look great with anything for days that I want to be a little more on the comfy side.
- Oh, and I just got these house shoes because as soon as the weather gets below 80, I love to wear something fuzzy and warm all day long!
I’m getting inspiration from…
So many of you have sent me Instagram accounts or other bloggers to follow for inspiration for exactly this sort of thing. Here are a few favorites:
- I’ve loved Cassie’s monthly Amazon Fashion posts since she started them. I get excited every month when they pop up!
- Putting Me Together on Instagram
- Julien Franks on Instagram
- I love Cotton Stem for occasional fashion inspiration…
- and she turned me on to Jehava Brown on IG for some really great inspiration, too!
- And finally, MyFaveBuys shares tons of affordable stuff, too!
It should be an interesting month!
In other news…
- I deep cleaned our laundry room in stories yesterday and blew a lot of people’s minds with the information that your top-loading washing machine has a filter that needs to be cleaned out every other month. Don’t forget it!
- Cleaning the laundry room also reminded me that there are a ton of little corners like this around our house that need serious help. So, I’m going to make it my mission to try to tackle one every week! Next week, it’ll be the spice drawer.
- I’m mentally doing a lot of Christmas planning because it feels like it’s practically here already. Eyeing everything in the Hearth & Hand Christmas line like I do every year, and trying to remind myself I don’t need anything.
- Corey and I played this game for game night this week and we loved it! It’s nice and long and heavy on strategy, which is really fun sometimes. It’s one I definitely see us playing again soon.
- My mom is being transferred to a new rehab hospital next week that’s much closer to home. It’ll be so nice to be able to go visit her without it being an all-day affair, and my sweet dad will be able to sleep in his own bed again. Next week, she’s also going to finally be able to put some weight on the leg that was broken in her accident, which will be a huge step forward in her recovery journey. Praises all around!
Have a happy weekend, friends!