After I shared our organized art closet on Instagram, I asked for suggestions and got a ton of really great ones. My favorite was to add some cork tiles on the door so the boys have somewhere to stick their in-progress or finished work.
It was the easiest little project (I think it took me a grand total of 5 minutes), and the boys started using it immediately! Jackson has a huge bulletin board in his bedroom already that he loves to add art to, but this is a great way for them to have a place to put things they’re still working on, or for when his bulletin board fills up.
I used these cork tiles, and so far I can highly recommend them. They’re peel and stick and they come with push pins. The cork is nice and thick, and they’re a perfect fit on the panels of our door!
I’m having a blast getting some small and specific spaces in our house organized, and it feels so good. I’ve got another little organization project coming up next week, so stay tuned!
We’re planning a nice and relaxing weekend – Jackson turns 8 (EIGHT!) on Monday, so if you’re looking for me you can probably find me sobbing into my pillow all weekend long.
if you missed it…
- I shared some adorable Valentine’s pajamas and accessories on Ampersand Supply. I ordered these for the boys, and I got this sweater for myself. I’m eyeing a few other, though…how many heart sweaters is too many?!
- I rounded up all of my favorite Amazon fashion finds from January!
- This little DIY wood pedestal was the easiest project and it feels so fancy and expensive!
- Did you see this little life hack I shared for keeping your camera roll cleared out? It’s been a GAME CHANGER for me (and many of you, from your DMs!)
- Don’t forget this, ever. Deal?
In other news…
- Bookmarked this recipe for a cold and cozy night.
- We (finally) started watching this show and were hooked after the first episode.
- There are so many incredible-sounding recipes here, I’m adding a few to my “must try” list for the Superbowl!
- I love peeking into other peoples’ kitchen drawers – this post gave me so many ideas.
- The comments on this post are gold.
- My favorite leggings are still on sale for $16! I got myself two new colors last week and I basically live in them.
- Also, I bought myself a robe for the first time ever and am trying to get in the habit of using it. I loved hearing how you all use yours, and when one of you described it as a “portable blanket,” it finally clicked – this is something I can get used to!
- The use of space and thoughtful planning in this room gave me so much inspiration this week.
Have a happy weekend, friends!