I’ve mentioned a few times that this is the first Valentine’s Day I can remember that we’re really all in on the celebrating. We’ve been wearing Valentine’s pajamas and eating Valentine’s treats and we’re having a Valentine’s Day tea party with some sweet friends this weekend.
I really want to spend more time celebrating everything this year. The big and the small. The holidays I’ve always loved and the ones I’ve typically ignored. It’s been so fun to take some time to really slow down and focus on intentionally celebrating the little things. I wrote this post about some Valentine’s Day traditions we planned on starting this year and so far, we’ve loved every minute.
The boys have been eager to read the little love notes on their doors every morning, and I’m counting down the minutes to Monday morning when I can surprise them with some heart-shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast!
I think I can officially say my first big life lesson of 2022 has been this: every day is worth celebrating.
One thing I’ve struggled to find is casual outfits that look relatively put together. I love nothing more than throwing on a cozy sweatshirt and joggers, but I’ve been trying to put a little effort into my outfits lately.
I’ve been putting some focus into finding casual clothing that doesn’t feel slouchy, and I’ve thought I’d share a few favorites in case you struggle too.
- This oversized, lightweight sweater feels like pajamas but you’ll still look like a grownup. And it’s 50% off right now!
- This waffle knit sweater looks good enough to wear out on a date but it’s comfortable enough that I often wear it on days I’m not leaving the house!
- This comfy pullover comes in a ton of colors and styles.
- And this pullover is my go-to on days where I really don’t want to get dressed but I need to look put together.
- This sweatshirt is nice and structured, comes in endless color options, and has almost 20,000 positive reviews (and I can add mine to it). It’s a no-brainer.
- I also just ordered this adorable jumpsuit and I can’t review it yet but I am very very excited to try it out.
- And finally, these leggings (currently only $16) are my ride-or-die for lazy days when I still want to feel dressed. They’re comfy, they go with literally anything, and they have pockets. It doesn’t get any better than that.
In case you missed it…
Here’s a few posts and fun things I shared this week:
- I did a deep dive on our freshly-organized junk drawer and all the things I used to whip it into shape.
- I also talked about our fireplace and how it’s holding up after one year – and I answered all of your most frequently-asked-questions about it!
- I shared some ideas for how to celebrate Galentine’s Day (it’s Sunday!)
- And I also shared the CUTEST homemade Valentine’s Day cards to make for grandparents!
- You can click here to see a quick post I put together with some of my favorite bathroom upgrades.
- And finally, if you missed it, here are a few Amazon fashion faves from January!
And in other news…
- This gallery wall is the stuff dreams are made of.
- This cookie decorating party is the cutest ideas ever!
- Can’t get over how much I love this bedroom makeover.
- How to show your partner you love them, based on their love language.
- Here’s how to clean a shower head without removing it.
- I want to buy everything in this roundup of bust home decor.