What Brought Me Joy in February
Every year when the end of February arrives, I find myself absolutely giddy with anticipation. Fall is my favorite season, but spring is definitely close behind. I love the slowly warming weather, watching all of the plants come back to life, and the general feeling of “YAY” in the air.
That’s totally a thing, right?!
We’ve had some really beautiful weather over the last couple of weeks and we’ve been getting outside every chance we get. There are only a couple of weeks left until spring break, and I’m finding myself really looking forward to it this year! But, that’s not what we’re talking about today. Nope. Today is all about February and sharing aaaall the joy it brought.
Let’s do it.
Moments + Memories
- We got a puppy! Granger’s chaotic little personality has been exactly what we needed as we mourned the loss of our Doberman, Hadley. Potter (our other dog) is absolutely thrilled to have him around, and they spend all day playing. He’s a troublemaker, but aren’t all puppies?
- I’ve grown to really love Valentine’s Day and the whole season that goes along with it. We eat too much candy, make some special treats, and get a little cheesy decorating the house. It’s a lot of fun, and I really look forward to it every year. This year was no exception!
- I had a great time working on my closet makeover. I’ve wanted to add some functionality to that space since we moved in, and it felt so, so good to finally get it done.
- Grant’s school had a Valentine’s Day Mom’s tea and it was the sweetest thing. They sang a song, gave us gifts, and we had some treats together. It was so fun to get to spend some special 1:1 time with him, and I always love seeing the kids in their school element.
- Our annual Super Bowl party was a blast, as always. Corey made way too much food, we spent the evening with some of our very favorite people, and I made the most epic dessert board of all time.
Books + Media
This month I read…
- The Final Gambit by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – This YA series was really light and fun and compelling. This is the final book in the trilogy, and I enjoyed every second! I heard from a lot of people on Instagram who read the series with their preteens, and I could see this being a really good fit for that, too. I loved it.
- The Perfect Marriage by Jeneva Rose – I absolutely flew through this one and can’t wait to add more books from her to my “to read” list. Full of twists and turns, and I was really proud to have predicted at least a few of them.
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley – This was actually a re-read for me. I read it (and loved it) last year, but it was my book club book this month and I needed a refresher on the details. I loved it just as much the second time around, and it was really fun to read it already knowing all the unexpected surprises coming!
- The Sweeney Sisters by Lian Dolan – I read a lot of thrillers with big twists and turns, and every once in a while it’s so lovely to just read a straightforward good ol’ novel. This was a really great, heartwarming story and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.
Corey and I watched very little television together this month…and you’ll see why in the next section! We started The Last of Us and are very into it, but we’re super behind. So, no spoilers please! On my own, I started season four of You, and so far I’m absolutely loving it. It has a really different feel than the previous three seasons, and I’m enjoying the change of pace.
Also, my two best friends and I have been re-watching an old season of America’s Next Top Model during our weekly hang out, and it’s been absolutely ridiculous and delightful.
We’re trying really hard to play more games this year, and so far we’re doing a pretty good job! Corey and I haven’t been playing a ton of board games just us, but we’re having more family board game nights, and we did spend almost every evening this month playing a game…
- Hogwarts Legacy – Our entire family has been anticipating this game for months, and it does not disappoint. I don’t play a ton of video games, but this is exactly my kind of game. Corey and I have been playing every night as soon as we get the kids settled, and it’s been so much fun. There’s something about curling up in bed to play a video game together that feels a little more engaging and fun than just watching television, and I’ll be sad when we’re done!
- Five Alive – Jackson got this game for Christmas, and we all played it together this month. It’s a lot of fun, really simple to learn, and doesn’t take too long. My very favorite combo for family game night! Also, it’s great for some basic addition practice for kids!
- Rack-O – Our new addiction! We played this game several nights this month, both with and without Jackson, and one night with my parents. It’s one of the quickest games ever to learn, but you won’t ever want to stop playing. My parents enjoyed it so much they ordered it on their way home from our house!
- Hand to Hand Wombat – Jackson got this silly game for Christmas, too. It feels like madness when you’re playing, but we always end up in fits of giggles. We’ve found it works best with four players, and if you have a Tiny Destroyer I recommend you play when they aren’t around. Unless you just want the game to feel extra chaotic.
And finally, let’s wrap things up with a few products that made my life easier or better or just generally inspired joy this month…
- This dog food puzzle. Our puppy, Granger, has a lot of energy. We bust this puzzle out every few days for one of his meals, and it keeps him busy and engaged for a nice long time!
- This hat rack is the best addition to our closet. My hats used to be a total mess, but now they’re organized, easy to see, and even look cute!
- Speaking of the closet, adding an ottoman might have been the most life-changing decision ever. No more sitting on the floor to put my shoes on! There’s something about a place to rest your bum while you’re getting dressed that just feels fancy.
- It’s been a long time since I splurged on my favorite countertop cleaner, and this month I set up a “Subscribe and Save” on Amazon. Because it’s worth spending $10 on a bottle of counter cleaner if it makes you smile every time you use it.
- This oversized sweatshirt was easily my most-worn clothing item this month. It looks put together, but it’s perfectly cozy and casual!
And that’s everything that brought me joy in February! What brought you joy this month?!