Corey and I were laying in bed on Wednesday evening and he turned to me and said, “how is it not Friday yet?” – just us, or was this week ridiculously long for you too?
My exhaustion may have had something to do with the fact that I painted ALL OF THE SIDING on our house in two days this week! If you missed all of the excitement, you can watch the highlights here on Instagram (even if you don’t have an account).
In other news, things are moving right along on the “getting ready to sell our house” front – we had an initial meeting with our realtor this week to begin planning, and we’re feeling really excited about what’s to come in the next few months! Corey and I are making a list of neighborhoods we’re interested in and we’re going to start driving around over the next few weeks to get a feel for where we might want to end up. We’re really taking our time with this decision and want to end up in a home that we can see ourselves in for the long haul, so it all feels very big!
Next week is going to be a fun one here on the blog – I’m revealing the after of a quick weekend project Corey and I recently tackled, and I’ll be sharing how we transformed our curb appeal (before even painting our house) by fixing up our side fence a bit!
ICYMI: Here’s what was on the blog this week
- The new home monitoring camera that we’re using as a baby monitor – and how it blends right into our decor!
- A look at all of the projects we are planning on tackling before we move – and a deeper look at why we’re moving and what the timeline will be!
- And, in the archives, last year at this time we were giving our front door an overhaul by adding a glass panel – still one of my favorite DIYs in this house!
And here’s what the rest of the internet was up to
- Joanna did it again with this incredible conference-room-turned-library. I want to copy and paste this directly into my house.
- If you want to add an accent wall to your home but are feeling a creative block, this post is sure to get the ideas flowing again.
- Life hack for little kids – this toothbrush has a built-in timer and it talks to your kid to coach them through brushing their teeth. Jackson’s dentist was shocked to hear we let Jack brush his own teeth because they were so clean!
- I love, love, love these DIY desks. Who would’ve guessed that the base is a simple IKEA dresser?!
- Talk about a house full of eye candy!
- The color of this DIY board and batten is soooo good!