Happy July! Already! July! Holy cow.
June was a blast. We enjoyed the lazy, slow days of summer. Ate a ton of grilled chicken and cous cous (add some grilled carrots and it’s our #1 favorite meal right now). Went on a quick family vacation (more on that next week). Gave Jackson a “Yes Day”. Finished reading Harry Potter. Basically, we’re soaking up every second of summer and absolutely loving it!
I’ve been working on having FUN this summer (I declared it my word of the summer), and so far I’m definitely meeting my goal. I’m trying to take work a little slower, turn off the computer a little earlier, and let myself sleep in a little later.
Sometimes. I mean, I’m still training for a marathon this winter, so I can’t slack too much.
We’re already almost halfway through summer (howwwww?!) and it’s time to share another round of favorites.
There isn’t a ton of house stuff on my list this month because, as you know, I challenged myself not to spend any money on projects in June! So, that meant I basically didn’t buy anything for the house at all. But, that didn’t stop me from finding lots of favorites in other categories!
It also didn’t stop me from doing lots of window shopping, so this month I’m also sharing a few things in my virtual shopping carts. It’s TBD if I’ll be pulling the trigger on any of them, but they’re all swoon-worthy!
My favorite things in June
- These athletic shorts. These are my go-to for days when I want to feel semi-put-together but I don’t want to wear real clothes. I don’t wear them for working out (even though they’d be great for it!) because I always wear these on my runs. But, I have two colors of these shorts now and I wear them constantly. Can’t recommend them enough!
- This book. I’m really late to the game on this one, I know. But, I finally found it at my library and devoured it in just a few days. So incredible!
- I watched this show this month, and it was so mind-boggling. What a wild ride! I, of course, have to read the book now. So, that’s next on my list!
- I’m making an effort to wear more dresses this summer, and I’m loving the ones I bought recently. This one and this one are in constant rotation (I have two colors of the second one) and this one isn’t far behind. They’re so comfy and easy!
- I also decided to become a skirt person this month. Grabbed this skirt and I feel so cute in it. Total winner!
- We grabbed this bug zapper to help with the fly problem we have in our backyard. So far, it seems to be helping. It’s not as effective as our favorite fly traps, but it’s a lot less smelly, so we can keep it on the patio!
- Have you tried these Hydrocolloid patches for your nose? The typical nose strips often break me out, but I decided to give these a shot and I’m a huge fan. The amount of gunk it pulled from my pores was fascinating, horrifying, and absolutely wonderful. Iit’s worth noting, their pimple patches are amazing, too!
- I got these grill bags for Corey for father’s day, and he LOVES them! They’re great for grilling things like shrimp and small vegetables, and they’re gonna get so much use this summer.
On my to-buy list
Just because I didn’t buy anything for the house this month, that doesn’t mean I wasn’t doing some hardcore window shopping. Here are a few things on my “dying to buy” list.
- I’ve been wanting some coupe glasses for a while now, and I have my eye on these. They’re so cute and dainty and make me smile. I don’t need them at all but man, oh man, I want them!
- Can’t stop swooning over these faux tulips. Tulips are my absolute favorite, but they never last long. I love the idea of having a “fresh” bouquet around all the time. They look so real!
- I want a new lamp for the entry. I can’t decide what I want, but I am really loving this one, or maybe something like this? I smell a roundup post coming with ideas…I need to sort out all my thoughts!
- I also keep asking myself if I want a runner in the entry. I love this one, and it could look so nice! Decisions, decisions…
Your June Favorites
And, as always, my favorite part of this post is sharing your favorites from the month! I love seeing what resonated with you, and it’s always so fun to see your faves.
So, here are your top five favorites from June!
- This paint by number kit. I love that y’all are just as excited about paint by numbers as I am. If you want to try it but don’t love this exact one, I have a roundup of tons of other ideas, too!
- This closet door organizer. I used it on our linen closet a while back and tons of you decided to try it out this month. It’s a really great organizing system, and I can definitely see myself using it on other closets in our house, too!
- This pet urine cleaner is basically all we can talk about over on Instagram lately. It’s so good for dealing with stubborn pet smells, and it’s saved my carpet more times than I can tell you.
- So, so many of you decided to try out our favorite Summer Brain Quest workbooks this year! Jackson does his every day, and it’s such a great way to keep his brain engaged over the summer. Can’t recommend it enough!
- And finally, when I casually mentioned that I love these under eye patches for days when I look extra tired, I had no idea they’d immediately become the most-purchased product of the month! They’re so good (24k reviews don’t lie), and they make such a difference on my always-tired eyes.
Happy July, friends!