Have you voted yet? I voted this week and it felt good to cross that to-do off of my list…but (like most of America) I’m more than ready for this entire election season to just be OVER. I’m quite literally counting down the days.
You know what else I’m counting down the days to? In just over a week and a half (the day after the election, in fact), I’ll be headed off to Golden, Colorado for Suzy School! It’s a big three-day business retreat/workshop that is pretty competitive to get into and, from what I’ve seen of it, can change lives. I’m half excited and half terrified for what’s to come – I love to push myself and really challenge myself to grow, so I know it’s going to be good for me. But also, I’ve never traveled like this by myself before! Especially in the middle of a global pandemic.
Let’s just say it should be interesting.
I hope that when I get back I’ll be brimming with ideas for how to make this space the best it can possibly be.
While I eagerly await my trip, we’ve been doing our best to stay busy over here and keep things interesting. This week, we went on this cute little neighborhood scavenger hunt for Halloween decorations, we baked some coffee cake for breakfast mid-week, and we just generally tried to do at least one fun little thing every day to keep everyone from collectively losing their minds.
2020 is fun, isn’t it?!
If you missed it this week, I finally shared the details of our next big room makeover and – surprise! – it’s not even happening at our house! I also made a big change to our dining room with the new DIY plant shelf I added to our window seat. It might be my new favorite thing in the house.
Elsewhere on the internet…
- This simple relationship tip (and all the comments) made me so happy.
- I shared my favorite leggings (with POCKETS) with y’all on Instagram recently, and I just ordered the same ones in a full-length! Now I don’t have to stop wearing them when it gets cold outside. Thank goodness because I don’t know what else I’d wear.
- This DIY floating frame is so gorgeous. I’ve gotta try this!
- Want a sneak peek of a mini room makeover I’m going to be doing next month? I just ordered this light fixture for it!
- I love every single one of these DIY garland ideas.
- How to thrive this fall based on your Enneagram type.
- Have you read Mindy Kaling’s new essay collection? I started this week and, as expected, it’s fantastic! And, bonus, free if you have Amazon Prime!
- This home office makeover is absolutely gorgeous!
- This post makes me want a screened in porch SO badly!
Have a great weekend, friends!