Well, friends, it was a big week in our house! Jackson started second grade yesterday (hooooowwwww?!?!!?!) so it’s officially school season in our house. We all felt a little whiplashed at how quickly the summer went, and if I’m being honest I still haven’t fully processed the fact that school is back in session. Weren’t we just celebrating the beginning of summer?!
It’s here whether or not I’m ready to accept it, though, so I’m just buckling up for the chaos of the school year. We’ve got a little less than a month left before Grant’s preschool starts, and then we’ll have four days a week where there are no children in the house. We haven’t experienced that since March of 2020. I don’t even remember what it feels like!
In other news, I officially finished the camper this week! I’m going to spend the weekend photographing and styling and writing up a biiiiig blog post for you, so stay tuned! The reveal will be up first thing Monday morning and I’m beside myself with excitement.
Of course, we already have a few ideas for little tweaks and additions we could make. Like, how fun would it be to add a little fire pit and small seating area in front of it? I’m picturing Adirondack chairs and maybe this fire pit?? It’d be the perfect place to roast marshmallows and look at the stars!
In other news…
- This blog post gave me so much inspiration for our bedroom. I’ve been dying to do a bedding refresh for months but have been struggling to find what I want.
- My favorite project to watch this week was Stephanie’s DIY plant wall (check out her highlight to catch up!) – I’m so excited to see it come together!
- I got these cute sconces paired with these puck lights for the camper, and it’s the perfect little touch to make things feel special in there (and give some light in the evenings!). It’s the simplest trick for a spot with no electricity, and you can’t beat the price!
- We tried really hard to make this last week of summer special, and that ended up meaning a lot more eating out than I’m used to! I’m craving some really light, healthy meals for dinner in the next few weeks – what are your go-to healthy meals?
- Can’t stop thinking about this dresser from Hearth and Hand. It looks so high end, and the rich color is just stunning!
- It’s been one year since we decorated Grant’s nursery, and it’s time to start thinking about his big kid room! We are tentatively planning on moving him over to a big kid bed sometime in the next month, and I’m feeling very nervous and not all ready. He’s still so tiny! And he still loves his crib! But, we have some houseguests coming who will need a bed to sleep in, so it’s the perfect push for us to go ahead and make the swap. Plus, he’ll be three in a couple of weeks so I guess I have to face reality eventually right?!
Have a fabulous Friday, friends! I’ll see you back here Monday morning with the camper reveal!