It was a fun (and emotional) week in our house – Jackson turned 8!
I simultaneously cannot believe he’s already eight years old and also can’t fathom a time when he wasn’t an integral part of our lives.
We celebrated him on Monday with a trip to our favorite sushi restaurant (he only requested it because they have a chocolate molten lava cake he loves and he could eat chicken lo mein all day every day). He spent the rest of the week building his new LEGO sets, playing some new Switch games, and talking non-stop about how excited he is for his space-themed birthday party this weekend.
Speaking of – we (heartbreakingly) had to cancel the official party because Covid numbers in our area are just out of control. But, we’re having some family (and might-as-well-be-family) over on Saturday to celebrate and we’re going to do it up as big as we can. We’ve got pizza and a cookie cake coming and I plan to spend the entire day today turning our house into a space-themed wonderland.
Celebrating birthdays in the time of. the pandemic has turned out to be quite an unexpected challenge, but it makes every celebration feel that much sweeter. There’s something about gathering with all the people you love (even if it’s a smaller-than-planned group) that feels so sweet.
you may have missed…
Here are a few posts and highlights you might have missed from us this week!
- I shared a big ol’ list of ideas for fun Valentine’s Day traditions to start with your family this year.
- My silverware drawer was an absolute disaster, so I built a custom insert and it’s a GAME CHANGER! Took only a couple of hours and makes the biggest difference!
- I’ve been working on the kids’ bathroom lately – I’ve got a few projects coming over the next few weeks, but on Monday I shared the cute art I hung in there recently!
- I also shared a roundup of Valentine’s Day themed letter board quotes, if you’ve got one and need ideas!
Here are a few of the things I found myself reaching for time and time again this month – or just things that made my life a little better!
- I read this book years ago and committed to re-read it every year because it was so impactful. Unfortunately, I forgot about it! I bought a paperback copy and am officially committing to reading it every January from now on.
- These $25 sheets are so cozy and look fantastic on our bed!
- Corey got me these shoes for Christmas and they immediately became my most-worn shoes. They’re a classic, so comfy, and they go with literally everything.
- This video game has been in non-stop rotation at our house. We all love it! It feels so nostalgic, but also updated and fresh. Highly, highly recommend!
- And when it comes to board games, Corey and I have committed to playing this one once a month all year and I’m already counting down the days until we can play again.
- Made these cookies like it was going out of style all month long. They’re the actual best. Promise. We would know.
- I read five books this month (!!!). This one was by far the best, but I also loved this one. This one was a lighter read that was really fun and beautifully-written.
And here are the top 5 things you purchased from links I shared this month!
- This faux marble countertop epoxy kit was one of the most-purchased products this month before I even started talking about it again this week!
- This rainbow sweater is one of my favorites, and every time I wear it on Instagram I get tons of questions about it!
- I love these using these little acrylic drawers to organize my makeup and a few other things, and apparently y’all love them just as much. as I do!
- This little sensory bin that Jackson got Grant for Christmas was a huge hit!
- And finally, these leggings are always in my most-purchased list when I check, and for good reason. They’re my favorite of all time!