Well, we made it to February – and Texas immediately got hit with an ice “storm” that shut down everything around us for two days.
It’s been a cozy couple of days at home but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t annoyed that we’ve had two so-called “snow days” without a single flake of actual snow falling.
I mean, if I’m gonna be locked in my house for two days straight the least you can do is give me an inch or two of snow, right?!
Joking aside, yesterday was full of snuggles and movies and video games and all the snow day fun we could muster. We’re gearing up for another full day at home today and crossing our fingers that the ice will melt enough by this afternoon that it’s at least safe to go for a walk.
I’d be thrilled if I could swing a run.
Speaking of – anytime I mention running on my Instagram stories, I get asked about my running journey, what I love to run in, and more. So, I figured it was high time I dedicate a quick post to some details.
my favorite running gear
I’m no pro by any means, and I’m pretty minimalist when it comes to my “gear” – but here are the things I can’t live without when it comes to my runs:
- My AirPods. I’ll never run with wired headphones again.
- I don’t know how I ever ran without my Garmin watch – it keeps me on pace, helps me stay in my targeted heart rate zone, and keeps me motivated.
- These leggings are my MVP and I own enough colors that I never have to wear anything else. I also often wear them when I’m not running. I love the full-length for colder weather and I wear the capri length when it starts to warm up.
- When it’s hot outside, these biker shorts are my favorite thing to run in. They stay in place, hold everything in, and have the perfect-sized pocket for my phone. I own five pairs and they’re all I run in during the summer.
- Oh, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, these fleece-lined leggings are absolute perfection.
- These workout tanks are a new find for me and I’ve only gotten to wear them a handful of times (because, winter), but I have a feeling they’ll be in constant rotation soon.
- This is my favorite sports bra. I only own one so far, but eventually I’ll probably replace all of my other ones with this one!
- My favorite shoes to run in are my Brooks Ghost 13’s. I’m pretty picky when it comes to running shoes – I need them to be incredibly lightweight, and I need some support without so much cushion that I can’t feel the ground beneath me. These are the perfect balance, and I want to buy another pair!
- I love this beanie that has a hole for my ponytail – perfect for cold days.
- I often run before the sun comes up, so these reflective vests are a must.
- And finally, for super cold days this fleece jacket is my ride or die. I’m also thinking of trying this one out – the reviews are great and I need a second one so I’m not constantly washing mine.
Okay, apparently I have more running gear than I thought I did!
Hopefully this is helpful, and even if you aren’t a runner I can promise you that the leggings, biker shorts, and workout tanks will still be your new faves.
In case you missed it…
Here’s a quick rundown of what I shared this week that you may have missed!
- The boys’ bathroom counter is done and the reveal is live! I can’t believe how different that room looks now.
- We decorated our fireplace for Valentine’s Day and it makes me smile so big!
- I made the cutest – and most delicious – Valentine’s Day dessert board. It’s the perfect treat to surprise your kids with!
- I also rounded up a bunch of Valentine’s Day craft ideas if you need some inspiration!
- I spend some time making a corner of our kitchen look a little cuter this week and it was so worth the effort. Click here for the sources!
- I finally made a plan for the powder room!
Also, if you’re ever looking for recommendations for home products, clothing, seasonal decor and more, be sure to check my Amazon shop! I update it every week with fresh finds!
Elsewhere on the internet…
- Bookmarking this post for when it’s time to organize my bathroom.
- I adore these Valentine’s Day party ideas!
- You will not believe what this adorable light is made out of.
- Just looking for an excuse to make this delicious treat.
- Been pondering if I need to build something like this for behind our couch!
Happy Friday, friends!