This week, we had two days off of school and a lot of rain, which meant we ended up having a pretty quiet and cozy week. Exactly how I like it.
We watched tons of movies, made some ghoulish Rice Krispie Treats, and did a Halloween puzzle (and it’s missing a piece, which makes me want to scream). We started putting together our Halloween costumes and hit up the pumpkin patch, and things are just generally feeling very fall around here lately.
This weekend, we are having some family photos taken. I’ve spent all week pondering what outfit I should wear, and I think I’m leaning towards this sweater with my favorite boyfriend jeans. That, or this dress y’all are all obsessed with on Instagram with this cute jean jacket. It’s just a matter of if we want to go more casual or more dressy. Last year’s photos were the epitome of casual, so maybe this year we step things up a notch?!
I don’t know. Tell me how to dress myself.
Speaking of, we spent a bit of time on Instagram this week talking about how hard it is to find good clothes these days – I’ve got an Amazon storefront with all of my favorite clothes from Amazon. It’s not a long list but I add to it regularly and it’s full of everything from bras to workout wear to dresses!
In other news…
- The cards for my mom have started coming in – y’all are the sweetest! She’s going to absolutely love having some cheer added to her room at the hospital, so please keep ’em coming. (If you missed it, she was in a serious accident a month ago, and will be in a rehab hospital for quite some time). If you want to send some cheer for her, you can send it to Karla at: PO Box 2136, Leander, TX 78646
- I’ve been getting occasional questions about my half marathon training (the race is in less than a month!). I’ve been loosely following this training plan, with a few adaptations because I was already running 20+ miles a week when I started training. I’m happy to share more details if this is something y’all are interested in, but I’m definitely no pro – this is my first race!
- I can’t stop thinking about this patio makeover. The tile is so good – I’ve been trying to convince Corey to let me tile our patio for two years now!
- One of our favorite treats to make (anytime of year, but especially in the fall!) is banana bread. I always get asked about our recipe, and this is the only one I’ll use. I generally make muffins so that I can do some of them with chocolate chips and some without. Corey is the only curmudgeon in our family who doesn’t like the chocolate chips, but he loves banana bread so I tryyyyy to be accommodating.
- My kids would love it if I went this hard for Halloween decorating in our house. So spooky!
- Bookmarking this for when we carve our pumpkins next weekend!
- Halloween dinner?!
Have a great weekend, friends!