I know I’m going to sound cliche saying this, but can you even belieeeeeeeeeve the end of summer is upon us?!
I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that in less than two weeks, Jackson will be in school. In second grade. Full time. No more summer.
Half of me is so excited I can’t stand it, and the other half of me wants to crawl in bed and cry.
We’ve had a really busy and lovely summer. I haven’t talked much about it, but we’ve had a lot going on in our personal lives lately that has been exhausting, both emotionally and physically. We’re all fine, but these last few months have been a lot for us, and I’m hoping that with school starting back up we’ll be able to find a solid routine that will help us ease back into things starting to feel a bit more normal again.
One of my favorite ways to de-stress when things feel hard is by running. I signed myself up for my first ever half marathon later this year, so I’ve been running 5 times a week lately to start training and getting myself ready. As a result, my wardrobe has become almost exclusively athletic wear. And honestly, I’m not mad about it!
Here are a few current favorites:
- These biker shorts are perfect for running, and they have a pocket big enough for my phone! I have four pairs and honestly could go for one more so I can go a week without laundry. Bonus? They have tons of color and size options!
- This tank is perfect for running and everyday. And it’s long enough for leggings when the weather starts to cool off, too!
- I love these Old Navy workout tanks as well, and they come in such great colors this year! I’ve had mine since last summer and it’s one I reach for often.
- These are my favorite running shoes, but I just bought a pair of these on a friend’s recommendation, and I’m reaaaaaally loving them, too!
And, a few other things I’ve been loving lately:
- If you’ve been living under a rock and missed this story, you’ve gotta watch. You’ll bawl your eyes out (since that video, the final tally went up by over 7x!).
- Just got one of these and I can’t decide what to make first. Suggestions?!
- This vintage camp playroom might be my favorite room on the internet right now.
- We finally decided on a play kitchen for the camper playhouse and it should be arriving TODAY! We got this kitchen set and this fridge – it wasn’t originally my first choice because it’s a bit pricey, but Corey pointed out that with this one I wouldn’t have to do any tweaking to it, and I was sold!
- I love, love, loved this post with views of a home at different times throughout the day. Made me want to do it for our house, too!
- This post about play in relationships is one I’ve been thinking about all week. What do you and your partner do to keep the silliness alive?!