This might be the most excited I’ve been to write an end-of-the-month post all year. Why? Because the end of August means fall! It means crisp leaves and crisp air. Pumpkins and sweaters. Halloween and Thanksgiving. All leading up to the most magical part of the year!!!
Can you tell I like fall?
It’s the best.
Jackson started third grade this month and my heart can barely handle it. Grant starts preschool next week and he’s beside himself with excitement. I don’t even know what I’m going to do with myself when both of my children are at school five days a week. I might just lay on the (clean) floor and stare at the ceiling. In silence. For hours.
Let’s wrap this month up in style – here’s a roundup of all the fun that happened this month, all of my favorite finds from August, and all of your favorites too!
In August, We…
- Added two new lizards to our family – Lizzie and Lizard. Yes, Lizard.
- Took a family vacation to the beach.
- Added new wallpaper to the entry
- Took one last summer trip to the zoo
- Painted the kitchen island
- Babysat my parents dog for a week while they were on vacation
- Celebrated Grant’s fourth birthday
- And Jackson started Cub Scouts!
Whew…it was a busy month.
My August Favorites
- It might not actually be cold yet, but I’ve been wearing my favorite house shoes non stop all month! Basically, I’m just trying to will fall into existence at this point.
- I can’t stop swooning over my new entry rug and wallpaper. The rug is so plush and high quality, and the paper layers into our house in a way that feels really special and just right.
- I’ve been using this face serum for about three weeks now, and I’m really enjoying it. I’ve been dealing with some allergic reactions to old skincare products all summer long and I had to drop basically everything I was using and start fresh. I’ve wanted to try this for a while so I decided to start with it – and I’m so glad I did! Next up on my list is the retinol and the lactic acid from the same company!
- Speaking of skin – I switched to this face wash and this moisturizer in August and I’m never looking back. My sensitive skin loves it, and my wallet loves it too.
- I got this crop top to wear with skirts and high-waisted jeans…I haven’t actually worn it yet but I’m shocked at how much I like it on myself!
- I got this set of laundry baskets for our closet because I was tired of our old, mismatched ones. They’re a great size, so easy to carry back and forth from the laundry room, and they’re not bad to look at either.
- I made myself a dupe of this sweatshirt – I snagged this cozy sweatshirt in one size up and used my Cricut to make my own. I’ve worn it almost daily since.
- Jackson and I have been reading this book series – it was one of my favorites as a child and he’s loving it. The giggles each night as we read are nothing short of magic.
Your August Favorites
- This paintable outlet cover is consistently the number one seller in my Amazon shop! It’s only a couple of dollars and makes the BIGGEST difference in rooms with a bold paint color. We have these on our kitchen island, in our bedroom, and in the entry!
- I’ve been using this tupperware lid organizer in our cabinet for a few months now, and it’s a GAME changer! I’ve never had organized tupperware containers until I started using this, and now they look great all the time. And, Jackson’s the one who puts the dishes away – so that’s really saying something. You can see it in action here!
- I shared on Instagram that I’ve been using a new face wash due to some recently-developed skin sensitivities that I’m still figuring out. This stuff is really good for sensitive skin, and my acne-prone face has been REALLY loving it. I couldn’t tell you the last time I’ve had skin this clear…and bonus – it’s only $8! Y’all have been trying it out a ton this month, and I know many of you are loving it too!
- This tank top has consistently been my most popular clothing item for a while now. I have it in tan, and every time I wear it I get flooded with DMs asking where it’s from. It’s super flattering, it’s really comfortable, and it looks super put together! Can’t wait to keep wearing it as we transition into fall – it would look super cute with a cardigan!
- And finally, the cutest fanny pack in the world is also a top link this month. Never thought I’d type that sentence! I swore I’d neverrrrrr use a fanny pack, but I decided to give this guy a go for our trip to Granbury and I never looked back. It’s one of my favorite things I own and I use it constantly.
And with that, my friends, August is a wrap! September is always a busy month in our house, and I’m really excited to start bringing all the fall vibes in. Get ready, because I always turn into a bit of a sap this time of year. I can’t help it. Fall just does something to me.