Happy happy Friday! This was the first full week of summer in our house (Jackson’s preschool gets out a few weeks earlier than the local school district) and I’m feeling proud of us for a great first week! I always get a bit nervous about the long stretch of time with no school or structure, but I think that five years into this whole parenting thing, I’m finally starting to get the hang of how to keep everyone happy during the summer.
Thank goodness, because August is a loooong way off!
Here are a few favorites from around the web this week.
- I can’t stop thinking about the attention to detail in this living room makeover. I’m not great at that last 10% and this is inspiring me to work on that a bit!
- The perfect tips for how to create a gorgeous gallery wall.
- Love this idea if you have a mostly unused closet!
- Can’t stop swooning over this home office makeover.
- Frog Tape hosts a fun makeover challenge each year, and some of my favorite friends are participating this round! Can’t wait to watch Sara’s office, in particular – it’s already a gorgeous space so I’m excited to watch her make it even better!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT…
- I finally finished the long flower bed along my side fence and I can’t get over how much of a difference it makes in the yard! It only took a couple of days to put together, and it was totally worth the effort.
- Round one of voting for our summer makeover started this week and y’all were almost all in agreement on the type of patio we should do in the backyard! We’re diving in tomorrow, so be sure to follow along on Instagram to see our progress!
- Here’s a fun throwback if you’re looking for backyard fun to keep the kids busy this summer – why not make some DIY yard dice or giant Jenga for the yard?!
Have a great weekend!