I drove by our new house yesterday afternoon, and they’re officially installing drywall! It was so cool to see it with actual walls inside, and I’m just beside myself with excitement to get my hands on this home. As far as we can tell, they’re about a week behind schedule – but hopefully now that drywall is up things will move pretty quickly and they can catch up!
We’ve been doing lots of thinking and dreaming about spaces for the new house – if you want a peek at what’s happening in my brain, you can check out the Pinterest board I’ve been pinning to for the last few weeks! All of our ideas are still very much a work in progress, but we’re feeling really excited about how our initial plans are coming together, and we can’t stop dreaming about what we’d like to do!
The first major purchase we’ll probably be making for the new house is a sectional for the living room. We’re planning on moving our current couch up to the bonus room, and we’re eager to get a bigger sofa to snuggle up on in the family room. We went to IKEA last weekend because we’re eyeing the VIMLE and the KIVIK – I heard from a ton of you on Instagram who either have (and love) the VIMLE or who are also considering it…so, we’ll keep you updated on what we decide!
Of course, we still have about two months left before we get to move – so in the meantime, I’m going to be focusing my energy on purging our house of as much unnecessary stuff as possible (because who wants to move stuff you don’t need?!) and getting organized to make the move as smooth as possible. I’ve got all of this excitement about the move, I might as well put the nervous energy to good use, right?!
ICYMI: ON the blog this week
- I answered all of your burning questions about the new house and what’s to come for us (along with some peeks at how it looks on the inside!)
- We re-painted our bedroom a few weeks back, and I shared some after photos along with my secret for making painting a room so much easier and faster.
- Over on Instagram, I shared a sneak peek at how things are coming together in my parents’ kitchen, and we spend a lot of time talking about grocery shopping and how to save a little money (I saved it to my highlights!).
elsewhere on the internet…
- How fun is this bathroom refresh? I adore the wall mural!
- I get questions about this shirt every time I wear it. It’s so soft, and who can resist a good The Office reference? Bonus – it’s $12.99!
- I love when bloggers share more affordable options for a pricey room makeover – this kitchen is one of my very favorites right now, too!
- My friends Kristi & Kelli over at Lolly Jane painted a pantry floor with the same floor paint I used in my bathroom and it turned out so good!
- This laundry room has me feeling so inspired. I want my laundry room in our new house to be just this cheery and happy!
- I wish I had the energy to make my house feel half this cozy and fall-ready. I would love to copy and paste this exact corner into my kitchen.
Have a great weekend! I’ll see you back here on Monday!