There are just over two weeks left here until school starts back up, so we’re soaking up every last minute of summer.
This weekend, we’re prepping to head off on our last big hurrah of the summer – a beach trip with two other families. There will be 6 adults and 7 kids, tons of chaos, and hopefully a ton of special memories. Every summer, I feel a little nervous wondering how we’re going to fill our days…and every summer we get to this point and I marvel at how fast it went by!
Things have been really quiet on the DIY front this summer, as I’ve been pouring my energy into being present with the kids and adjusting to having Corey be a working parent again. He took a year off to be a stay at home dad for most of 2021 and the beginning of this year. It was great, but at the beginning of summer he returned to real estate. He’s been a busy, busy man. It’s so great to see him chasing his dreams, but it’s certainly been an adjustment to our family. We’re spoiled after having him all to ourselves for so long!
I’m hopeful that in August when our schedules settle a little and I have some time to myself again, I’ll be able to get my hands dirty with a few projects. I’ve missed it!
this month, we…
- Kicked off the month by recovering from a little family trip to Granbury.
- Gave Grant a “Yes Day” (see our Yes Day Rules right here).
- Painted the front door.
- Revealed the new sun tunnel in the boys’ bathroom.
- Hung a few plants in the kitchen.
- And showed you what our house really looks like.
my july favorites…
- I couldn’t stop singing the praises of this fanny pack after using it for our family vacation. It’s adorable, and makes things so easy. I’m a fanny pack convert!
- I’ve been really consistent about using this oil every morning on my face, and my skin has never been happier. I also swapped out my pricey face wash for this drugstore stuff, and I don’t think I’ll ever go back..
- This was hands down my favorite Prime Day purchase.
- We’ve been playing this game with Jackson a lot – he can’t get enough!
- I officially have the most ridiculous tan lines from wearing these shoes on repeat, but I’m not even sorry.
- Feeling really grateful for these breezy running tanks when I’m running 11+ miles in this Texas heat.
- This little pedestal and this cute planter are hands down my favorite additions to the house this month.
- Can’t stop won’t stop with this scent and this diffuser. It’s officially my signature home scent and I’ll never not have it on hand.
- This bathing suit has been my most-reached-for suit all summer long. It’s got great coverage but I sill feel really cute in it!
- I haven’t debuted it yet, but I just got this adorable dress and I can’t wait to wear it at the beach next week!
Your July Favorites
Here are the top 5 things you purchased from my affiliate links this month!
- This mirror that we ordered for the entry was super popular (it just came in last week and it’s STUNNING), and so was this one that we have in our bathroom!
- These paintable outlet covers are my favorite, and y’all seemed to love them too!
- This moisture meter is always a hit when I share it. This month, I talked about how much it has helped me with my new Fiddle Leaf Fig, and many of you wanted to try it too.
- These shorts and this shirt were super popular this month!
- And finally, I tried this guy out for Prime Day and convinced a lot of you to be nerdy with me. I may look silly with it, but man, I’m way more comfortable!