Oh, hi there.
How are you? No really – How are you?
Things escalated pretty quickly in the last week, didn’t they? This entire situation is just absolutely wild and I cannot wrap my mind around it. Some days (hours?) I feel hopeful and grateful for the extra time with my family. Other times I feel disheartened and scared and confused. I think we’re probably all in a similar spot, no?
If you’re anything like me, you’ve been glued to your phone this past week constantly checking for news and updates (and then immediately wishing you hadn’t). I want to take a minute today to counter some of that with some HAPPY news. Are you ready?
- A New Jersey police department has been delivering groceries to senior citizens.
- Massimo Bottura (a world-renowned chef) is sharing free cooking classes on his Instagram feed.
- Life in China is starting to return to normal.
- These penguins took a field trip since the aquarium is closed.
I’ll share more positive articles over on Instagram stories as I come across them – and please send some my way if you see any!
I ordered a bunch of stuff online this week for some upcoming projects to keep myself busy, and we’ve been doing tons of doodles with Mo Willams, at-home safaris with the Cincinnati zoo, and aaaall the other fun stuff that’s being offered right now.
I know many of you have been drastically affected by all that’s going on, and I’ve chatted with lots of you who work in healthcare this week over on Instagram too. I just want to say thank you to everyone who is sacrificing to help fight this, and send a huge virtual hug to everyone who is suffering or struggling because of this awful situation we’ve all found ourselves in. We’ll get through this. It won’t be easy, but we’ll get through.
ICYMI: This week on the blog
- I shared a bunch of ideas for how we’re going to be staying busy while we’re stuck at home (starting next week…since this week was technically our spring break).
- I stained our fence this week! The before and after is pretty wild, and I’m so glad the project is done!
- From the archives: How to hygge in the spring – perfect for being stuck at home all day!
- From the archives: Tons of board game recommendations…again, perfect for being stuck at home!
Elsewhere on the internet
- Tons of free entertainment and activities.
- This bathroom renovation is so, so gorgeous.
- Tons of beautiful faux trees.
- This master bathroom makes me feel a little weak in the knees.
- The offset faucet! So smart!
- Best ways to disinfect your house.
Have a lovely weekend, friends!