We’re almost one week into life with Potter and, y’all, I’m so glad we got a puppy. I was a little nervous because my desire for a puppy was fairly new (I even asked my best friends just last week if they thought I really wanted a puppy or if I was just bored in quarantine), and Corey wasn’t super easy to convince…but we couldn’t be more thrilled to have him, and it was 100% the right decision for us.
Potter has brought a lot of cuddles, silliness, and energy to our house. Hadley still isn’t sure about him, but everyone else is fully smitten so I expect she’ll come around sooner or later.
We’re already down to just one middle-of-the-night potty trip most nights, and as long as we keep him awake in the hours leading up to bedtime he goes more or less right to sleep when we put him in his kennel (thank goodness).
In other news, I worked on some cute shelves for Grant’s room this week, and it’s got me feeling like it’s time to give his room a little love. I originally said we wouldn’t touch it until it was time to put him in a big boy bed (because what’s the point?) but I’m starting to think that a fresh coat of paint and some art on the walls would do wonders for making his room feel a little more cozy!
We’ll see where we land, but I’m really feeling something like this! Stay tuned to see where I land…
ICYMI: This week on the blog
- We got a puppy!
- I gave a tour of aaaaall of the houseplants I’ve been collecting over the last couple of months. Warning: it’s a lot.
- From the archives: This weekend bathroom makeover is still one of my favorite quick and easy makeovers!
Elsewhere on the internet
- I just snagged this adorable planter for a plant I have in my room and turns out it’s too small. Oh darn – guess I need to get another plant!
- Thinking about trying this in our living room.
- I think I need to make one of these now that I have so many herbs growing in my backyard!
- I saw this lamp when I had to make an in-person trip to Target and I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s a serious show-stopper in person and I need to find a spot for it.
- This room is going to be so incredibly good. Can’t wait to follow along!
- This DIY kids’ picnic table is adorable and such a good summer project!
Have a lovely weekend!