What are you up to this weekend? We just got home from the pumpkin patch, (the weather finally feels like fall, so it was time!), and we have to go get my cracked iPhone screen fixed (thanks, Grant). We’re also gearing up for an exciting football game this afternoon and can’t wait for some super unhealthy snacks to go along with it.
Maybe it’s just me, but it doesn’t feel like a fall football day without some good ol’ junk food.
This evening, we’re heading to a friends’ house for our monthly couples date night. A group of our friends all decided a few months back that we want to commit to having fun together on the regular without having to worry about the kids. So, we rotate homes, get a babysitter, and spend one Saturday evening a month playing games and laughing our heads off. It’s always the best time and I look forward to it all month long.
It’s taken some doing to find games that really work for a large crowd (we typically have 10-12!), but we’ve found a good collection of games that work really well for a big group. I wanted to share some favorites today since the holidays are coming up and there’s no better time for a good game than Thanksgiving afternoon while the pie is digesting!
favorite party games
- Ultimate Werewolf | Unlimited players
- Just One | 7 Players (We play on teams if we have more!)
- Telestrations | 12 players
- Spyfall | 12 players
- Left, RIght, Center | Unlimited players
- Wits & Wagers | Unlimited players
- Code Names | Unlimited players
- Concept | Unlimited players
ICYMI ON THE BLOG THIS WEEK
- I shared some gorgeous (shockingly cheap) home decor finds from Wal-Mart. Y’all are loving the faux leather throw pillow!
- I also shared the full DIY tutorial for how I helped my dad swap out their old, ugly kitchen cabinet hinges for concealed, Euro-style hinges. The change is dramatic and I’m so excited about how their kitchen is coming together!
- On Instagram this week, we talked about “dumb” DIY questions and y’all gave me so many basic questions that I can’t wait to start covering! One of the most common was about baseboards, so I thought I’d like this tutorial I wrote for how to install baseboards!
Elsewhere on the internet…
- Dessert charcuterie board? YES, PLEASE.
- This incredible garage makeover is everything. Gives me so much inspiration for our garage in the new house!
- Whoever made this has been spying on me every weekend.
- Already swooning over this Christmas decor collection.
- I love these DIY epoxy resin coasters and I think I need to make some! I haven’t ever played with resin but I’ve been wanting to!
- Going to make a spin on this DIY cookbook stand soon – I’ve been needing one and I’m itching for a good project!
Have a lovely weekend, friends!