It’s the last Friday of October and I, for one, couldn’t possibly be more excited about it.
I’ve always been an early Christmas decorator, but this year I think I might break my own records – is Monday too soon to get my tree up?!
Of course, our two year house anniversary (!!!) is coming up in two weeks, so I have to take a bit of time between the Halloween decor and the Christmas decor to get a few photos! You can see last year’s house tour right here. It’s wild to think that we’ve already been here for two entire years, because this kind of still feels like “our new house”. I love that it still feels fresh and exciting after two years here, and I’m hoping we can hold onto that feeling for as long as possible!
Since it’s the end of the month, I figured today was the perfect day to do a little roundup of my favorite things from October, as well as all of the things you purchased most this month! It’s always fun to dive in a little and see what everyone was gravitating to, so let’s just jump right in!
5 things i loved this month
- My new house shoes. I used to exclusively wear Ugg moccasins, and I LOVE them. But, my first pair was ruined during Jackson’s birth (don’t ask…) and it took a few years for us to replace them because they’re so darn pricey. We finally got me a new pair and shortly afterwards I got pregnant with Grant. And my feet grew…so they no longer fit! I’ve given up and decided that pricey house shoes just aren’t for me, and I snagged these from Amazon. They’re so comfortable and fluffy and wonderful and they haven’t left my feet since they arrived! Note: the reviews say to order up a size, but I tried that and ended up having to exchange them for my normal size!
- Overalls. I’ve wanted a pair of jean overalls for years, and I finally got a pair this week! They’re so dang cute and so comfy – now I just have to actually wear them. Been browsing for outfit inspiration all week, and this post was particularly helpful.
- Squid Game. I know everyone is talking about it, but oh-em-gee, it’s so good. I’ve always been a big fan of this general genre (you know, ridiculous and gory, but with a killer story – a la everything Quentin Tarantino has ever made), but this is one of the best shows I’ve seen. We immediately starting watching Alice in Borderland right afterwards, and it’s honestly just as good!
- My Cricut EasyPress. I recently got a Cricut and an EasyPress and I’m a shirt making machine. You know I love a good graphic tee, and I’ve been making them like crazy since I got this. I even made matching David Rose “Ew, running” shirts for me and two of my friends to wear to our neighborhood group run this week! You can see some of the other shirts I’ve made with it right here. (Side note: surprise?! I have a second (food and craft focused) blog I’ve been playing around with but, shhhh don’t tell anyone!)
- Board games. Just, in general. Corey and I took a bit of a hiatus from playing games together as much (because, life), but we’ve been making an effort to have a game night at. least once a week. It’s been SO NICE and we’ve missed it so much! You can see a bunch of my favorites right here, but I’ve been really wanting to try this one – we got it for my mom and dad to play up at the hospital and she keeps telling me how fun it is!
Your Top 5 from October
Now, let’s take a look at the top 5 links you purchased from this month!
- Our garage light. This became the unexpected star of our garage makeover when one of you spotted it on my Instagram stories and asked for a link! It screws into your light socket like any other bulb, but it has three (very bright) LED lights that give off so much light. It really is a garage game-changer and I’ll never use anything else!
- This crazy cozy sweater. This was the top-ordered item from all of the clothes I have been sharing on Instagram lately, and for good reason. It’s a gorgeous waffle-knit lightweight sweater that looks good with anything. I have it in “dusty pink” but all of the colors are so good.
- Front-load washer door prop. I deep cleaned my laundry room this month and it felt SO GOOD. One of you sent me this amazing product and I ordered it on the spot – our washing machine door is always getting closed by kids (and my husband…) and it should be left open for at least 24 hours after each cycle! This helps prop it open and prevent musty odors. Total life-saver!
- The Wagner Sidekick Power Roller. I didn’t even chat about this guy in specific this month, but it’s regularly one of my most-ordered items because I’ve talked about it enough at this point that I’ve drilled into your heads that you need one! I won’t paint a full-size room without mine, and anyone who has rooms in their house to paint needs one. Promise.
- The comfiest jean jacket. The second most-ordered clothing item was this jean jacket! Many of you were shocked to learn that I have never owned a jean jacked before ordering this one, and I can already tell I’ll be using it a ton. It’s stretchy, has a really great fit, and pairs perfectly with dresses for fall!
What were some of your favorite things in October?