It’s been a minute since we did an Amazon fashion post! Over the last few years, I’ve really shifted my approach to clothes shopping, and these days the vast majority of my clothes come from Amazon. They have everything, it’s far easier to shop online than go into the store, and returns are super simple if I don’t love it. I’ve shared my favorites a few times over the years, but it’s been a long time since I did an update, so I figured it was high time for a little roundup for the summer!
What I’m Wearing This Summer
Tees + Tanks
This is obviously one of the most overwhelming categories of clothing on Amazon. They have everything. With that many options, it can be really hit or miss, but I’ve found that with some patience I find so many gems. Here are a few of my latest favorites.
- ICON Graphic Tee: I started a rewatch of Schitt’s Creek a couple of months back and immediately ordered myself this tee. It helps me channel my inner David Rose and I feel a little more confident every time I pull it on. It’s cute, the fit is great, and I love a classic tee for days when I’m cleaning and chasing the kids around.
- Easy Tiger Graphic Tee: I got this one last year and it’s still one of my most-worn tees. If you follow along on Instagram you’ve probably seen me wear it a million times. The fit is great, and I reach for graphic tees more than anything else in my closet. It’s a 10/10 for me.
- Basic Yellow Tee: I grabbed this tee when I was doing a rainbow themed week for Teacher Appreciation Week at my son’s school, and it’s become a favorite! I love having some plain colored tees on hand, and this one look great with skirts, shorts, or jeans! It comes in several colors, so don’t just skip it if you aren’t a yellow fan (I LOVE the blue!).
- The Perfect Tank: I have this tank in three colors and I wear it constantly in the summer. Looks great with a skirt, with shorts (both jean shorts and athletic shorts!), paired with overalls, or even under a jean jacket in the spring. It’s such a versatile tank and the fit is so flattering.
Dresses + Shorts
I get most of my jean shorts from Old Navy (it’s one of the few things I HAVE to try on in store), but I love Amazon for stretchy shorts, dresses, and skirts. In fact, I’ve had the best luck with dresses from Amazon over the years, maybe more than any other category. Here are some favorites. If you want to see more, click here for a post dedicated to Amazon dresses!
- Button Front Dress: I love a button dress! I have two of this tank version and wear them all the time, but this year I added this short sleeve version that I also really love. It’s so comfy and looks cute for everyday, but it’s also great when I need to dress up a tad.
- The Cutest Skirt + Crop Tank: I’ve been wearing more skirts since last summer, and this one is a great option when I need to dress up a tad. The midi length makes it feel a little nicer, and I love pairing it with this cute black crop tank so things keep from feeling too fussy. Also, it has pockets. What more do you need?!
- Classic Athletic Shorts: I have these in two colors (are you sensing a theme? This is what I do) and I couldn’t love them more. The classic black and white is what I reach for more than almost anything else in my closet this time of year, but I also have a neon yellow pair that I adore. I think it’s probably time to grab a third pair since I got both of these last summer.
- My Running Uniform: I run almost daily even in the summer, and this is what I wear almost 100% of the time from April through October. These biker shorts are so comfy and don’t ride up at all, and these tanks keep me cool. I’m still working on being brave enough to wear the shorts as a part of an actual outfit, but I don’t know if I’m cool enough for that yet.
I buy 100% of my bathing suits from Amazon these days. I’ve had nothing but fantastic luck, especially when I’m willing to order more than I need and return a few. That’s basically my #1 recommendation when it comes to buying any clothing on Amazon – buy a couple of sizes, or a few different options, and planning on returning what you don’t love. They make it so easy to do returns at Kohl’s that it’s no big deal at all if you aren’t in love with what you try. You can see a few of my favorites from last year right here, too!
- Sporty Two-Piece: This is my favorite suit I added this year. I’ve reached for it more than any other. It’s perfect for chasing the kids around, so flattering, and comes in tons of colors. I’m really picky about finding bathing suits that aren’t too cheeky in the back, and this one fits exactly how I like it.
- Two-Toned One-Piece: I’m also totally obsessed with this suit this year. It’s perfect if you gravitate to one piece suits but don’t want to feel frumpy. It’s comfortable and flattering, and structured enough that it looks great on any body type!
- Yellow One-Piece: This suit comes in a ton of colors and patterns, so no worries if yellow isn’t your thing. I actually tried this one in a different color last year but didn’t end up keeping it, and I’ve regretted it ever since. So, I bought it again! I love the shape of this suit, and it’s perfect for the more active days. This would make a great water park swimsuit!
- The Cutest Cover Up: I grabbed this cover up after seeing my best friend Parisa wear the white version to the pool. It’s so cute, so comfy, and perfect if you (like me) are really picky about coverups. My only complaint about it is that it’s pretty thick, so it can get toasty if you’re spending a lot of time in it on a really hot day.
Shoes + Accessories
- My New Summer House Shoes: I started seeing these all over the place last year and I resisted them for an entire year because they’re so dang ugly. But, curiosity finally got the best of me and now I’m beyond obsessed. I wear them almost 100% of the time in the house now, and I can’t even imagine life without them. I’m seriously considering another pair so I can have one to wear in public and one for home. Yes, I like them that much.
- Sunglasses 3-Pack: I grabbed these on a whim because I kept losing my sunglasses and wanted to be able to stash pairs all over the place. I love them and I’m so glad I decided to try them. Two of the pairs are mirrored and the third is really dark, so no one can see my eyes (a must for me when I’m wearing sunglasses), and the shape is perfect.
- Everyday Earrings: I wanted some really small hoop earrings to wear on the daily, and these have become my go-to! It took a couple of weeks for my ears to adjust (the posts are a little thicker than I’m used to) but now that I’m used to them, I reach for them basically every day. On the days I want something a little bigger, these are great too!
- Crossbody Bag: I wanted a really lightweight purse that wasn’t a fanny pack (although, I ADORE my fanny pack!), and this was the winner. I’ve been carrying it for a few weeks now and I can’t tell you how much I love it. I’ve always been a crossbody girl, and I love how compact this one is. Despite the size, it can hold a lot! It’s quickly become one of my most popular items I link on Instagram, too, so I know it’s not just me who loves it!
And there you have it. Sixteen of my very favorite things from Amazon that I’ve been reaching for over and over lately. I’m pretty simple when it comes to clothes, but I really love trying new things and playing around with my style, so discovering the world of Amazon fashion has been so fun!
If you’re looking for more fashion-related posts, click the links below. And, if you want to browse a ton of my Amazon faves, just click here!