Happy Friday, friends!
This week I felt some of the inconveniences of this whole quarantine thing pretty hard. I’ve been waiting on some paint to arrive for our playhouse for three weeks now (it SAYS it’s arriving today, so we’ll see!), I keep running out of project supplies, and I just wanna go to the dang hardware store and browse in peace!
But, despite the annoyances, Corey and I were discussing earlier this week that we’re quite enjoying having him work from home and getting all this extra time together. We’re saving some serious money on gas and tolls, and with no commute we get so much more time together.
We spent a lot of time working on outdoor projects this week – we hung some light on our back patio, made a quick DIY coffee table from scrap wood, and got some plant from our favorite local nursery. Next week I’m HOPING to paint the playhouse (hurry up paint!), and maybe get started tiling in the laundry room!
Basically, what I’m saying here is that I’m coping with the stress of quarantine by taking on approximately 7 thousand projects at once, and it’s working out well for me.
My plans this weekend, however, include copious amounts of time playing the Nintendo 64 (because of course we busted that out this week), staying in my pajamas, and baking my feelings with some biscuits, pretzels, and maybe even some chocolate chip cookies too. It’s gonna be lovely.
ICYMI: On the blog this week
- We finished our DIY wood laundry room countertop!
- I published a complete guide to everything you need to know about spray paint.
- From the archives: I recently re-made these cute little yard dice. I still need to update the post with fresh photos and what I learned from making them again, but it’s a fun and easy weekend project!
Elsewhere on the internet
- This kitchen renovation is incredible!
- Also, so is everything about this house.
- I tried to do some DIY aged pottery on Instagram stories this week and it didn’t work out so well – but my friend Chelsea killed it and shared the tutorial on her blog.
- Speaking of DIY pottery – this ginormous DIY faux stone planter is mind-boggling.
- We’re getting ready to do a Phase 1 makeover of the game room – what do you think of this color for the walls – paired with a dark green accent wall? Is it too purple-y?
- Alternatively, I used this color in Jackson’s room in the old house (see it here!) and loved it dearly – maybe I should just go with what I know?!
Hope you’re having a great Friday!