2020 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
As much as I love shopping for gifts for the holidays, shopping for stocking stuffers might be even better.
There’s something so fun about finding just the right balance of useful, silly, or just plain fun to fill up both the kids and Corey’s stockings, and I never get tired of it. In fact, I usually get a little too much and end up having to put a few stocking stuffers under the tree…because a stocking can only fit so much!
So, here are a few of my favorite ideas for stocking stuffers this year – nothing is more than $20 (though I do love a good splurge surprise in an adult’s stocking!).
I separated these out into gifts for her, gifts for him, and gifts for kids, plus a bonus “gifts for anyone” category. Of course, there are plenty of crossover gifts in each section, so be sure to browse them all!
stocking stuffer ideas
- Nail polish: I love finding a cute new color in my stocking. This is my current favorite!
- A good face mask: Because after all the holiday stress is over, she’s gonna want to relax a bit.
- A sample of something fancy: A stocking is a great chance to give some extra fancy beauty products, in sample size! I’d love to try this cute set.
- A scarf: Because there’s really not much better than a cute new blanket scarf.
- Jewelry: I don’t wear fancy jewelry almost ever, but I love it when Corey helps restock my supply of cute stud earrings and simple, cheap necklaces in my stocking!
- Chapstick: I lose mine constantly, so it’s always nice when I get a re-fill this time of year.
- A beautiful kitchen towel: I always want to splurge on new dish towels for my kitchen, but it feels like a silly thing to spend good money on. I’d love finding a couple in my stocking!
- A Love Handle Phone Grip: I’ve used one of these on the back of my phone for a few years now and it’s a game changer. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without it!
- These travel laundry bags: So she never has to worry about what to do with her dirty clothes on a trip again.
- Coiled Hair Ties: I discovered these recently and am more than a little in love with them – they don’t leave creases in your hair at all, even after hours of wear!
- A cute scrunchie: Never would have thought scrunchies would come back with such a vengeance, but here we are – and I’m not complaining!
- The best tweezers ever: I bought this for myself recently and even Corey declared it one of the best purchases I’ve made all year.
- A sentimental ornament: Wouldn’t it be a sweet tradition to find a special ornament in your stocking every year to add to the tree?
- A jade roller: I used to use mine every day until Grant broke it…guess I need a new one!
- These eye masks: They’re so good for the days when you just feel extra tired and need a pick-me-up.
- Some cozy slippers: You can’t have too many cozy slippers. You just can’t.
- Essential oil towelettes: She’ll stash them in her car and use them after a stressful day.
- A candle snuffer: Because you could just blow it out, but this feels way fancier.
- A cute ring holder: Perfect to set on her nightstand!
- An ice roller: It’s supposed to be magic for those extra-puffy, not-enough-sleep days.
- Cell phone wallet pocket: It’s always a plus to have one less reason to need to carry an extra wallet!
- Beard oil: He’ll love how his beard feels afterwards, and you’ll love how it smells! This one also doubles as a shave prep product, if he doesn’t have a beard.
- Game of Phones: You’ll both love playing this when you’re waiting at a restaurant, or even over an at-home date night.
- An insulated mug: Perfect for taking his morning coffee on the go.
- A multi-purpose pen: It’s got a screwdriver, a level, a ruler, and more!
- A nice dopps kit: I got Corey a nice leather one years ago and he still uses it when we travel!
- This magnetic wristband: Perfect for the dude (or lady!) who is always losing their screws when working in the workshop.
- Car detailing cleaning gel: So he can keep his car looking as shiny and clean as possible.
- Meat shredders: If your guy loves to grill as much as mine, he’ll love these little claws to help him shred the meat after.
- A first aid travel kit: Corey loves to be prepared – he’d be happy to have something like this to tuck in his glovebox!
- The best wine opener: This tool makes opening a bottle so easy, and he’ll feel so cool using it the next time you’re able to have friends over.
- Telescoping Magnetic Pick-Up Tool: Corey has a few of these and they’re so handy to have around the house – especially when you drop a tiny screw on the floor.
- A safety hammer: Because it’s always nice to feel prepared!
- This credit-card-sized multi-tool: He’ll find himself reaching for it all the time!
- A sneaker cleaning kit: Because a lot of guys get weirdly obsessive about their sneakers, no?
- 100 Movies Scratch Off Poster: So you’ll never have to ask each other “what should we watch tonight?” again!
- This fun smart phone dock: He’ll feel really cool listening to his favorite podcasts with this amplifier.
- An airpod case: Get one for him and one for you so you can finally tell them apart.
- A cologne sampler set: It’s a win for both him and you when he smells great.
- A pocket screwdriver: He’ll find himself using it all the time.
- Play doh: This is a must for our stockings almost every year!
- Read & Color Story Roll: They’ll love coloring on this huge roll for hours, and it’s big enough to keep multiple kids happy at once.
- Scratch art mini notes: So they can leave you little notes around the house in style.
- World’s Smallest Crocodile Dentist: Because kids love tiny things – they just do.
- Scratch card art kit: It’ll keep them busy for a long time, and the finished product is really beautiful!
- Mini karaoke microphone: Hook it up to your phone and let them go to town on the Moana soundtrack (or, if you’re my kids, the Hamilton one).
- Christmas tattoos: If your kids are anything like mine, they’ll probably use all 200 on Christmas day.
- LEGO Dots Bracelet Kit: This fun DIY bracelet kit would be a winner for just about every kid. I know Jackson would love it!
- A clip-on book light: So you can secretly encourage their late night reading sessions.
- Mini Doodle Kit: Keep it in the car and you’ll never hear them whine about a long drive again!
- DIY Superhero Mask Kit: They’ll get to get creative and be a superhero all day (or all week).
- Decorate your own wooden toy: My boys would love these trucks! They also have flower magnets if your kiddo isn’t into cars.
- Stocking stuffer mad libs: I love any gift that secretly works on reading skills!
- Mini Simon Says game: You may find yourself fighting with your kid over who gets to play with it first, though.
- A Model Magic kit: These little mini kits are always a winner in our house!
- Mini grab it claw: My kids got one of these with a kids’ meal recently and and they’re both obsessed!
- Mini crystal growing kit: Kids love crystals. Always.
- Binoculars: They’ll love looking for birds, watching airplanes, and more.
- A mini stapler: Because tiny office supplies are always a fun idea.
- Some fidget toys: Especially helpful for those kiddos that are still doing virtual learning!
- Gift cards: I love giving a small gift card to a favorite fast food place, a movie theater, or a favorite store.
- A mini cast iron skillet: Perfect for delicious skillet cookies!
- USB Desk Fan: So you can stop fighting over the thermostat once and for all.
- Socks: A cute pair of socks is always a win! I love these matching father-kid ones the most.
- Some silly magnets: Kids will think they’re hilarious, and honestly, so will the adults.
- A cute face mask: Who would’ve thought this would end up on the list? We all hate having to wear them, but it’s a little more fun when you’ve got a super cute one.
- Do Something Dice: A fun addition to a boring afternoon!
- Tech taffy: Cleaning off your computer keyboard is way more satisfying than you’d expect.
- A good paperback: I don’t often read physical books anymore but Corey stuffed one I had been wanting in my stocking last year and I devoured it in the couple of days after Christmas. It helped me slow down and enjoy the holiday, and it was one of my favorite gifts!
- Christmas Playing Cards: The perfect addition to your family gathering, it’s sure to encourage a few rounds of your favorite game (we love Golf and Sevens!)
- A cozy hat: This one is a win for the whole family – just about everyone loves a good winter hat!
- Earbud cleaning kit: Because there’s nothing more disgusting than really dirty earbuds.
- Mini brainteaster puzzles: Everyone will get a kick out of these little wooden puzzles!
- Some cute notebooks: You can’t have too many, can you?!
- A selfie light: Because aren’t you curious how much better it’ll make your photos look?
- Stainless Steel Straws: A great way to reduce waste, and they’re a perfect addition to a big tumbler.
- Salsa Grow Kit: Kids and adults would both love this little kit to help you grow your own salsa garden!
- A fun card game: Stick to a simple, quick one like this one and you’ll be sure to end up playing it all day!
- Mini Bowling Set: The perfect tabletop distraction when you need to take a quick break from work.
- A stress ball: Does this one even need explanation? 2020 has been a YEAR, y’all.
Need even more ideas? Here’s another big list!