Happy New Year, friends!
I mean, I know it’s cliche to say, but can you EVEN BELIEVE it’s 2020?!
I’m still a little bit in denial.
I hope that this past week has been restful and wonderful for you. While most people were taking the week off, I was shiplapping and painting our island and giving our master bedroom a fresh coat of paint! If you follow along on Instagram, you’ve seen all of the fun, but if you haven’t seen it yet just click here and you can see both projects saved in my highlights!
January is going to be a fun month full of our phase one bedroom makeover and I’m just so beyond excited to start sharing about it. Corey and I am going to get started adding trim to the walls this weekend, and my goal is that the project will be done by this time next week (it feels like a stretch, but I’m putting it out into the universe and we’ll see what happens!).
Corey and I are also heading out on a date night this weekend (it’s been FAR TOO LONG!), because our anniversary is next week! Nine years! We’re going to see Knives Out (I hear it’s fantastic!), go eat at our favorite restaurant, and just be together – it will be lovely.
ICYMI: This week on the blog
- On Monday I shared a wrap up of all of the best projects of 2019 (in my own personal opinion, at least), and handed out some awards to a few favorite projects.
- On Wednesday I shared the 8 projects we know we’re going to be tackling in 2020.
- I was curious what the top posts from the year actually were (according to the most-trafficked pages), so I looked it up. Number 3 was this Thrift Store Challenge project – which makes my heart happy!
- Number two was this roundup of fireplace ideas and inspiration. I’ll be referencing this post when we start planning for our big fireplace project in this house!
- And first place (by a landslide) goes to this project, which should surprise absolutely NO ONE because it’s just that good.
In other news…
- I shared a peek at my 2020 planner in my stories earlier this week and loved chatting with y’all about it! I’m using an Erin Condren planner for the first time in a few years – here’s a link to the one I got!
- If you aren’t the planner type, I love this simple printable calendar.
- I bookmarked this post to hopefully give me weeknight dinner inspiration all year long. I can’t wait to try out some of these!
- 25 fun ways to update your home this year.
- Need some new organization systems this year? I loved this roundup of budget-friendly options and definitely saved a few for later!
Have a great weekend, friends! I’ll see you back here Monday with the kitchen island reveal!