Need some fresh ideas for how to decorate your home this Christmas season? Here are some beautiful, unique Christmas decoration ideas.
I know what you’re thinking.
Amanda! It’s not even halfway through November! We can’t talk about Christmas yet!
But, friends, hear me out.
It might still be early in the season, but if you’re anything like me, you start thinking about your Christmas decor long before you put it up. And, if I waited to write this post until it was actually time to decorate, it wouldn’t give you time to really use any of the ideas.
I’m just looking out for you here.
Plus, after the year we’ve had, there’s nothing wrong with a little Christmas cheer a few weeks earlier than usual, right?
So, let’s grab a cup of coffee or tea (or wine!), and settle in for a minute and fantasize about how cozy and magical our homes will be in a couple of weeks once we get all of our decorations up, shall we?
Christmas decor ideas
We’ll break this down by category – we’ll take on everything from DIY ideas for Christmas to the store-bought decor I’m loving this year, and everything in-between!
Christmas tree decorating tips
We bought a huge, absolutely magical Christmas tree last year, and I’ve made it my personal mission to learn how to make it the most beautiful tree in all the land. Here, I’ll round up a few ideas for DIY ornaments, some tips and tricks for tree decorating, and all of the new ornaments I’m eyeing for our tree this year.
- Michael is the king of Christmas trees and I always find so much inspiration from the trees he shares each year. Here are a few of his best tips (and a peek at some of his handiwork!).
- Here’s a really great, detailed post with some tips on how to decorate your tree like a pro.
- And here’s some really fabulous tips to make your tree look full and beautiful.
- These cute ornaments are made with supplies from the dollar store!
- Have an old sweater to upcycle? These ornaments are so cozy and adorable!
- I want to make these cinnamon ornaments with the kids this year!
- A DIY wood bead garland would be a really fun addition to any tree.
- Here are some really fun ideas for those clear plastic ornaments!
- And, these farmhouse-y Christmas ornaments are so sweet!
Gorgeous Store-Bought Ornaments
Here are a few ornaments I’ve been eyeing from my favorite stores this year. I’m making it a goal to buy a few, special new ornaments every year so that over time we can have a really beautiful, full collection!
Christmas table decorating ideas
One of my favorite parts of decorating for Christmas is setting up the dining room table. I absolutely adore playing around with different place settings, centerpieces, and linens. I always so look forward to having everyone gathered around our table on Christmas morning, so it feels extra special to spend some time pouring some love into how the table looks!
Here are a few posts that can give you some gorgeous inspiration for your dining table this year.
- This simple tablescape is exactly the style I’m going to be emulating this year. Lots of neutrals, some beautiful greenery, and some cozy candlelight!
- I love the colors and texture in this table, too!
- These 12 ideas for a beautiful table are all really simple and easy to do, but they’ll add so much!
- Our Christmas table last year was one of my favorites I’ve done in a while!
- I love this cute centerpiece with mini dollar store trees!
Christmas table decor + place settings
Here are a few staples for your holiday table this year!
Exterior Christmas Decor Ideas
I’m admittedly not awesome at decorating the exterior of my house, in general. I spend so much time thinking and planning for all things interior that the outside generally gets a bit neglected. But, there’s something just so special about coming home to a beautifully-decorated home, and the cozy glow of Christmas lights is one of my favorite things in the world. So, here are some posts I’m drawing inspiration from this year!
- Here’s a roundup of beautiful simple exterior decor ideas.
- How about adding a wreath to every window? I’m swooning!
- This front porch is so welcoming and cozy!
- Here are 9 ways to decorate your front door.
- This garland archway is a total showstopper.
- I love this simple porch!
Exterior Christmas Decor
Ideas for around the house
And finally, how about some general decor ideas? I’ve mad a ton of fun things for around the house over the years, and there are always so many fun ideas out there. I’ve already got a couple of little DIYs planned for this year, too, so stay tuned for more on that! Here are a few posts to give you some ideas for decorating around the house this Christmas season:
- The boys love this DIY interactive Christmas tree.
- These little cedar trees were a breeze to make, and they’re adorable.
- These scrap wood Christmas trees might be one of my favorite Christmas decorations I’ve made!
- These little yarn trees are so sweet!
- I’m in love with this DIY reindeer sign!
- Here are some ideas for decorating your bedroom for the holidays.
Gorgeous Christmas Decor
Are you feeling inspired yet?
I just might get a wild hair and put some decor up this weekend. I can’t be stopped!