It’s Friday! It’s here! Happy weekend!
In a little over 48 hours, we’ll be loading up in our car with some of our very favorite people in the world and heading out for a small getaway for five whole days. I’ve been counting down the minutes for about 6 weeks now, and it’s far past time for us to go on a bit of a retreat from this weird new routine we’ve settled into. Don’t get me wrong – there’s so much that we are loving about this whole social distancing thing, but we’re all more than a little ready to have a sense of normalcy for a few days and just get away from it all. No work, no news, nothing but enjoying our time with our people!
If you miss me desperately next week (hah!), may I suggest a few posts from the archives to keep you occupied while you eagerly await my return? Just read one a day and pretend like they’re brand new (and hey, they might be to you!).
- You can read about that time we went on the Rachael Ray show.
- Or the time I made a knockoff of my favorite West Elm dresser.
- Or hey, what about when I turned one of those ugly 80’s style TV cabinets into a bar cart (and a really pretty one, at that!).
- You could get motivated with this guide to decluttering your home in 30 days.
- Or learn how to completely transform a bathroom with (almost) nothing more than paint!
ICYMI: On the blog this week
- I built a super simple DIY photo display for our upstairs landing and every time Grant passes it, he exclaims “pretty!”
- I shared the updates we recently made in our master bedroom – it finally feels finished!
- And, if you missed last week’s posts I also repainted the kitchen island…
- …and shared the DIY for the fluted dresser in Grant’s room!
Elsewhere on the internet…
- This DIY fall wreath has me dying to make one of my own. How gorgeous is that?!
- I just started using the Curly Girl method with my hair this week in an attempt to embrace my natural hair texture. We’ll see how it goes, but if this curl cream works half as good as it smells? I’m in good shape.
- I have to give this DIY landscape painting a shot. I have a feeling mine won’t be half this good, but maaaaaybe???
- I’m always a sucker for a pumpkin filled with succulents.
- Speaking of pumpkins, this DIY idea is so good!
Have a great weekend! See you in a week!